GX7 patent image colored by Dicahub.
Next month Panasonic will finally show us the real new Panasonic GX7 camera. It’s time to make a roundup of the specs and images and ask you guys if you actually like the new cameras.
1) The camera design goal was to take inspiration from the superbly designed [shoplink 36080 ebay]Four Thirds L1 camera (here on eBay)[/shoplink].
2) The Sensor is a new 18 megapixel Bayer sensor. I am 100% sure this doens’t have the new organic tech devloped by Fuji-Panasonic. It’s still a long time to go before you wills ee that tech in a MFT camera
3) It is the first Panasonic camera with in body stabilization. it is not as advanced as the Olympus 5 axis stabilization. This is a “normal” 2 axis IS.
4) Pop up flash and titlable built-in EVF. There is still no info about the EVF resolution but an anonymous source told me it’s not the same GH3 viewfinder (FT2 for now).
5) It also has a tilting LCD (resolution unknown).
Now assuming specs and design presneted in this post are correct:
For sources: Sources can send me anonymous info at email@example.com (create a fake gmail account) or via contact form you see on the right sidebar. Thanks!
For readers: Don’t miss any news. Join our group on facebook and follow our tweets.
Rumors classification explained (FT= FourThirds):
FT1=1-20% chance the rumor is correct
FT2=21-40% chance the rumor is correct
FT3=41-60% chance the rumor is correct
FT4=61-80% chance the rumor is correct
FT5=81-99% chance the rumor is correct
I am still (very busy) working on the next bunch of GX and OMD rumors. I got a small detail from a source about the name of the new Panasonic camera. It is the “Panasonic DMC-GX7“. The rumors till has not been confirmed by my trusted sources but I “believe” it’s the correct final name. Bloggers and forum owners and ebay sellers can now start to create their GX7 forums. Meantime I made a GX7 group on Facebook and a Google+ page :)
All specs got confirmed, the camera is bigger than previous models and design reminds the [shoplink 36080 ebay]Four Thirds L1 camera (here on eBay)[/shoplink]. It has a new 18MP sensor but I don’t yet if that is multiaspect or the new color splitter sensor. It has the built-in image stabilization which is not the same and not as advanced as the one from Olympus. It has a built-in viewfinder that you can tilt up.
I found it quite funny that a terrific good source told me that Panasonic made the camera for me :) Thanks you Panasonic engineers!