Magrota launched the worl’s lightest full-function magnetic Filters on Kickstarter (Click here). This is how it works:
Thierry Bourque (image by Phototrend).
Thierry Bourque is product specialist and training manager at OM Digital Solutions. Phototrend had a chat with him and here are some highlights:
- He explained why OM System was not at this years Salon de la Photo show in Paris: “Today, we are very oriented towards wildlife, nature and landscape photography and we believe that the Salon de la Photo is less representative of this type of photographer.“
- We want to “focus less on technical performance. Our challenge is also to show that the compactness and lightness of a camera are also advantages, that this is not done at the expense of image quality.“
- OM System will stick to MFT format: “We are convinced that the micro 4/3 is the best compromise between quality, compactness and lightness that a camera must offer today. Unfortunately, I think that if many people have turned away from photography it is also because of this: the camera has become too bulky for them, and becomes a burden – literally and figuratively. I think this has been a brake in the development of digital photography. Today, we need to offer more compact and lightweight solutions. It’s another approach, and I don’t think it’s a bad idea.“
- Smartphones cannot compete with real system cameras: “For example, today I don’t see a smartphone capable of taking animal photos. When we talk about case, we also talk about system. Smartphones cannot compete with the optics that can be put on a camera. I’m not saying in 20 or 30 years. But today, photo optics will always be better than optics on a smartphone.“
- “The advantage of OM System is that we only do photography, whereas Olympus also did medical, industrial, microscopy and was involved in diversified activities. It was therefore complicated to get out of the game in photography at Olympus when you know that the activity did not even represent 20% of turnover. Olympus also used photographic optical research and development for microscopes and endoscopes. Now it’s 100% photo: it allows us to work more precisely and faster. Again, without criticizing the story with Olympus. It’s a different way of working, with greater responsiveness and better adaptation to the market and demand.“
Super Fun With Olympus 17mm F2.8 Lens!
Today deals at Amazon, BHphoto, Adorama, Amazon DE, Amazon UK, Amazon FR, Amazon IT, FotoErhardt DE, FotoKoch DE.
Konica Minolta’s Last Camera Service Repair Centers are Finally Dead (PetaPixel).
LUMIX Live: Time lapse & Stop Motion with LUMIX Cameras & AMA
OM System OM-5 Camera: Hands-On Review (42West).
Choosing the Best On Camera Monitor and External Camera Screen (Explora).
Also today you have NEW Black Friday deals you can find here at Amazon US, BHphoto, Adorama, Amazon CA, Amazon DE, Amazon UK, Amazon FR, Amazon IT, Amazon ES, Amazon NL, Amazon SE, Fotokoch DE, Calumet DE, WexUK, Digidirect AUS.
THE BEST Black Friday deals run on software and storage. These will end on Monday night:
- Save $478 on the entire Topaz Photo AI+Video AI app collection (Click here). You can also get the single Photo AI App with a $300 discount (Click here) or the Video AI app with $140 discount (Click here). The deal runs til December 2. Owners of existing products will be offered pro-rated bundles.
- Skylum launched a special Black Friday deal on their Luminar software (Click here).
- DxO launched an up to 50% discount on all their software (Click here).
- 20% boss on Adobe Creative Cloud Apps at Amazon
- Save $110 on Capture one Pro sold by BHphoto.
Storage deals (SD cards and hard disks):
- Save big on Sandisk SD cards and WD storage at Amazon US.
- Save big on Seagate drives at Amazon US.
- Save big on Lexard SD cards and storage at Amazon
- Save big on PNY SD cards and storage at Amazon
- Save big on ProGrade SD cards and storage at BHphoto
- Get up to $500 if you trade-in a camera or lens at BHphoto and Adorama.
MFT gear deals:
- Save big on Olympus gear at BHphoto, Amazon, Adorama.
- Save big on Panasonic gear at BHphoto, Amazon, Adorama.
- And the OM-1 is now $300 off at Amazon US .
- $600 off on the Open Box GH5s at BHphoto.
- Save big on Rokinon lenses at Bhphoto, Amazon, Adorama.
- Save big on Zeiss lenses at Bhphoto, Amazon, Adorama.
- Save big on SLRmagic lenses at Bhphoto, Amazon, Adorama.
- Up to $200 off on Tamron lenses sold here at BHphoto, Amazon and Adorama.
- Up to $150 off on Sigma lenses sold here at BHphoto, Amazon and Adorama.
- Up top 50% off on Pergear lenses.
- Up to 40% off on Zy Optics lenses.
- Up to 40% off on Laowa lenses at Venusoptics.
- Up to 50% off on Funleader lenses.
- Up to 40% off on Viltrox lenses.
More Black Friday deals:
- Save big on Sony, Samsung, LG Tv’s at BHphoto, Amazon,
- Save big on Apple gear at BHphoto, Amazon, Adorama.
- 35% off on the great Sony WH-1000XM4 headset at Amazon.
- 70% off with the code “RUMOR” on the Complete Capture One Tools Bundle from Alexander Svet.
- You now save up to 30% on all Peak Design gear (Click here).
- Get 10% off sitewide at KEH.com.
- up to 22% off on all Camera/skin cover from AlphaGVRD.
- Up to 25% off on ThinkThank gear.
- Save big on Macbook Air M1 at Amazon US. Save big on Macbook PRO’s at Amazon US.
- Til Monday you save 30% on Albert Dros editing course (use code “BLACKFRIDAY22”).
- Up tp 20% off on the world’s lightest 3in1 tripod from Heipi (Click here).
The Nihon Keizai Shimbun has updated all data on 70 items of global market share, revealing the global market share of digital cameras and CMOS sensors in 2021:
Digital camera 2021 global market share *Techno System Research research
- Canon … 45.8% (-2.1%)
- Sony … 27.0% (+4.9%)
- Nikon … 11.3% (-2.4%)
- Fujifilm … 5.9% (+0.3%)
- Panasonic … 4.4% (±0.0%)
CMOS sensor 2021 global market share *British Omdia research
- Sony Group … 44.0% (-4.2%)
- Samsung Electronics … 18.5% (-1.5%)
- Omnivision … 15.1% (+2.0%)
- Galaxy Core … 5.4% (+2.5%)
- On-semi … 4.5% (+0.7%)