A source told me that the new E-P5 has an improved 5 axis stabilization. Compared to the E-M5 this means that it has a new IS-Auto mode that automatically detects the camera’s movements.
And here are some more E-P5 specs:
- 16 Megapixel sensor (same as E-M5)
- TruePic VI image processing engine
- improved AF (compared to E-M5)
- improved 5 axis stabilization
- focus peaking
- Shutter 1/8000 sec
- built-in WiFi
- 1.04 million dot tilting touchscreen LCD (no more OLED!).
I am still not sure about the right announcement date. It could be May 9 or May 10. Would be cool if sources could send me a message to share the exact announcement date and hour and timezone. Thanks!
Rumor forecast: I am also working to collect rumors on the new Olympus and Panasonic cameras that will be announced in late August- early September. Will post first rumors after the E-P5 announcement. Stay tuned!