It’s getting more and more busy on the rumors front. I am receiving new info every day and as you know I try to double check rumor with trusted sources in order to give you some FT4 or FT5 ranked rumor (ranking description at the bottom of this post). All I can tell you for sure is that both Panasonic and Olympus will have major product announcements within the next weeks. Please keep in mind that the rumored announcement data of May 21th (Panasonic) and June 18th (Olympus) are coming from external or non trusted sources. I am checking right now if the data are correct or not.
What’s also sure (FT5) is:
1) There will be a new Panasonic G5 with same G3 16 Megapixel sensor.
2) The Olympus 75mm f/1.8 is currently being tested by many photographers and will ship this summer.
3) The 12-35mm f/2.8 Panasonic X lens will ship this summer.
The surprises (FT2):
1) a new Olympus Four Thirds camera is coming
2) New 7-14mm OIS lens coming
Rumors classification explained (FT= FourThirds):
FT1=1-20% chance the rumor is correct
FT2=21-40% chance the rumor is correct
FT3=41-60% chance the rumor is correct
FT4=61-80% chance the rumor is correct
FT5=81-99% chance the rumor is correct