Our Japanese friends from Digicameinfo shared the first image of the new Panasonic FZ1000. While this is not a MFT camera it’s certainly a suprirsingly high quality and very interesting camera to talk about! It has some good-looking features like (marked in bold):
– 1.0-inch CMOS sensor
– Venus engine
– 25-400mm equivalent f/2.8-4.0 Leica DC Vario Elmarit lens.
– Lens configuration is 15 pieces in 11 groups. 5 aspherical lens (8 Side)
– AF linear motor. AF speed is 0.09 seconds
– 0.66 seconds start-up time
– 4K video
– 4K PHOTO to cut out a still image of 8 million pixels from 4K video
– The space recognition AF by DFD
– EVF is 2.36 million dot-inch organic EL 0.39
– A monitor 920,000 dot 3.0-inch
– Continuous shooting 12 frames / second
– Wi-Fi, NFC
– Focus peaking, ring type manual focus
– Camera RAW development
This new camera will compete straight against the Sony RX10 (specs here at Amazon). But it has a much more useful 25-400mm lens range and records 4K video! Easy to guess the new LX8 will use the same sensor and hopefully also the same EVF. We still don’t know if this is the same 20MP Sony RX100M3 sensor or a brand new Panasonic or Aptina sensor.
For sources: Sources can send me anonymous info at firstname.lastname@example.org (create a fake gmail account) or via contact form you see on the right sidebar. Thanks!
For readers: Don’t miss any news. Join our group on facebook and follow our tweets.
Rumors classification explained (FT= FourThirds):
FT1=1-20% chance the rumor is correct
FT2=21-40% chance the rumor is correct
FT3=41-60% chance the rumor is correct
FT4=61-80% chance the rumor is correct
FT5=81-99% chance the rumor is correct