We just recieved following information:
“Due to the excessive cost of production, looks like the final production of the E-P2 will only see two colors instead of the earlier three :
Rest of the world : Black
Japan only : Silver/Brown
Also, first shipment will be released from the warehouse for Asia on 25th November. ”
Is it the rumored Panasonic include("buy/gh1.php"); ?> competitor? A new mirrorless camera? Or only a new “classic” videocamera?
UPDATE: Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 in Stock at amazon! Ships from and sold by Amazon.com for $399,95
- The Panasonic GF1 Camera with 14-45mm Lens is back in Stock! ($899.95, Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.)
- The Panasonic GF1 with 20mm f/1.7 Lens usually ships within 4 to 7 weeks
- The Panasonic 45-200mm f/4.0-5.6 lens price drops to $275.00.
- Amazon Deutschland has the weisse Olympus E-P1 inklusive 14-42mm Objektiv in Stock for EUR 618,95!
Since days I am talking with my best sources over Olympus and Panasonic future. In summary that’s what they are telling me. And all this points are FT4!
1. M43 will not take over FourThirds at all – both will stay side by side and be co-developed
2. M43 will produce two types of camera models – one for easy users and the other for serious users
3. Next year will prove to be just as exciting for Olympus and followers as this year has been – plenty to be cheery about
4. New generation of hardware coming starting with processor, colour array technology, sensor etc.
What about Panasonic?
1. Panasonic will release more lenses than the three they have announced.
2. Panasonic wants to improve the video capabilities of their cameras.
3. New sensor generation will be implemented in future cameras.