Some days ago I received that crop from a supposed “Olympus E-5″ camera. I thought that image was fake because it looks exactly like the older Olympus E-3. But two of my sources told me this is the real E-5 image! The trusted sources also sent me the camera specs.
- Weather-proof (Magnesium) body
- 12.1Megapixel sensor (We don’t know yet if it is the same Olympus PEN sensor!)
- ISO 100 – 6400 in 1/3 or 1 EV steps
- AVI Motion JPEG(30fps) HD (720)
- it can take a picture with sound.
- mono mic with stereo external microphone input
- 3 inch LCD with 920.000 dots resolution
- 11 points full-twin cross AF sensor (phase-difference detection system)
- 11 area multiple AF (contrast detection system)
- CF and SD dual slot
- Built-in wireless flash
The E-5 should be announced on September 14.
Reminder: That is what one of our sources told us a few weeks ago about the E-5: “Oh, will like to let you know that I have seen the new Olympus pro dSLR, the E-5, already. It’s a solid, wicked piece of camera that’s weather sealed just like the Olympus E-3. And, it will be announced prior to Photokina. I don’t have other specs on it, except i have tried it and the focusing is really fast. It still uses a 4/3 lens mount. From what i know, it will support HD video recording as well. The top control panel remains largely the same, and it will also have a flip and swivel screen like the E-3. Oh, the sensor resolution is still 12 megapixels, and it will compete against the 7D. Not sure if the megapixels will play a major role here as well. But olympus is hoping that it’s Zuiko lens can outdo Nikon and Canon. Early samples of photos taken with the E-5 shows that the picture quality is almost on par with the D300s and 7D.“