The French website Phototrend interviewed a bunch of Olympus managers. Here a couple of takeaways:
– In 2018 Olympus did not announce new MFT products because of the move of the factory from China to Vietnam
– In 2019 Olympus plans to release more new MFT cameras
– We do not want to go to the full format and want to stay focused on what we can do because we want to offer compact and lightweight products
– The MFT system has a unique advantage over the competition which is size and portability.
– E-M1II sales did growth after Olympus announcement that they will stick to MFT only.
There is also a lot of talk about the new E-M1X features. But nothing new to report here :)