(FT5) Panasonic GX80 and 12mm lens announcement on April 5
According to two of our sources Panasonic Japan scheduled a press event for April 5. It’s highly likely they will announce a new entry level GX80 camera with integrated viewfinder and the new Leica 12mm lens.
The GX80 specs are:
– 16MP sensor
– About 10% improvement in resolving power by getting rid of the low pass filter
– New Venus engine
– 4K video, 4K Photo
– 5-axis camera shake correction (on sensor+lens)
– AF 0.07 seconds. DFD technology
– 4K post focus (focus Select)
– 2.764 million dot EVF. Magnification 1.39x (35mm equivalent 0.7-fold)
– 3.0 inches 1.04 million dot LCD monitor. Tilting. 80 degrees upward and 45 degrees tilt down
– Wi-Fi built-in
– Creative style. 22 types of filters. New Monochrome mode.
For sources: Sources can send me anonymous info at firstname.lastname@example.org (create a fake gmail account) or via contact form you see on the right sidebar. Thanks!
To get notified on all upcoming news and rumors be sure to subscribe on 43rumors here:
RSS feed: https://www.43rumors.com/feed/
Rumors classification explained (FT= FourThirds):
FT1=1-20% chance the rumor is correct
FT2=21-40% chance the rumor is correct
FT3=41-60% chance the rumor is correct
FT4=61-80% chance the rumor is correct