I just saw a very good review on Pbase about various ‘legacy’ 50mm lenses on the Panasonic GF1.
Following lenses have been tested (click on the link to see the lens on eBay):
1. Canon 50mm f1.2 LTM
2. Canon 50mm f1.4 LTM
3. Leica 50mm Summilux f1.4 (first version) – M fit
4. Jupiter 3 50mm f1.5 (copy of the Zeiss 50/1.5)
5. Leica Summicron 50mm f2 (pre-asph new version, 1980s-1990s) – M fit
6. Leica Summicron 50mm f2 (pre-asph, chrome older version) – M fit
7. Voigtlander Heliar 50mm f2
8. Leica Elmar 50mm f2.8 (old M fit collapsable version)
It has been a huge surprise for me to read from the test that the Coigtländer Heliar showed the post performance! Do you agree?
Many MicroFourThirds items do have the lowest price ever (click on the item name to jump on the product page):
Amazon: Panasonic GF1 with 14-45mm Lens for $763.96.
Amazon: Panasonic GF1 Body Only for $549.99.
The Panasonic GF1+20mm lens is also availabe in RED, WHITE and SILVER via third-party resellers.
Amazon: Panasonic GH1 for $1,189.95
Amazon: Olympus E-P2 with 14-42mm Lens and Electronic View Finder for $1,028.98.
Forum Olympus France just posted a new Olympus E-P2 review.
(google english translation)
This review is quite complete on how the E-P2 is in the “real life”.
For instance, you will find pictures of the E-P2 viewfinder compared with an E-3 and a Canon 5D and a picture showing how this viewfinder is efficient regarding depth of field an out of focus area.