Since days I am talking with my best sources over Olympus and Panasonic future. In summary that’s what they are telling me. And all this points are FT4!
1. M43 will not take over FourThirds at all – both will stay side by side and be co-developed
2. M43 will produce two types of camera models – one for easy users and the other for serious users
3. Next year will prove to be just as exciting for Olympus and followers as this year has been – plenty to be cheery about
4. New generation of hardware coming starting with processor, colour array technology, sensor etc.
What about Panasonic?
1. Panasonic will release more lenses than the three they have announced.
2. Panasonic wants to improve the video capabilities of their cameras.
3. New sensor generation will be implemented in future cameras.