– One of the key are of that needs improvement is connectivity with smartphones.
– Yes, the compact camera market is shrinking but High magnification zoom compact cameras are still selling fine (read Panasonic FZ series).
– What’s changing now in the mirrorless interchangeable market is that we see a shift towards more pro products (read Sony A7-A7r). Initially mirrorless cameras were not sees as “professional” tools. Now that perception is changing.
– The key development areas to make better mirroless cameras are : Imaging processor, sensor and EVF.
– The GH3 is particularly popular among people who shoots videos.
– A GH with 4K is likely to come within 2014
In Summary: Guys, start saving your money for the GH 4K camera :)
As you know well it doesn’t happen often to see great deals like that:
You can grab the Panasonic GF3 body for 99 Euro directly at Panasonic France store (Click here).
Panasonic GF3 body with 14-42mm lens for 199 Euro directly at Panasonic France store (Click here).
Don’t know if also non French residents can buy them!
Update: Blitzangebot on the E-PM2 kit at Amazon Germany.
There is the next great deal running today in USA: You can grab the Olympus E-PL3 with 14-42mm lens for $199 at Newegg (Click here). Note that the lens alone sells for $299 at Amazon. So make your calc :)
Mr. Yukihiko of Olympus Imaging Development Division has been interviewed by DC.watch (google translation here). I highlighted the key info in the hope google translation tool didn’t fool me as it happens sometimes:
1) Worldwide DSLR+Mirrorless Camera Sales went down by 15%. But Mirrorless alone is till on expansion (Sales are growing for both lens and cameras).
2) The PEN series is not selling as expected in USA and Europe, but the E-M5 sold very well in Europe. (PEN and OMD are selling well in Asian countries).
3) The manager is confident that the E-M1 will sell better in EU and US than previous MFT cameras.
4) Future focus is on premium products (New OMD camera and lenses, and so on).
Note, there was a lot of talk about OMD and absolute zero talk about PEN. Probably Olympus marketing is betting on OMD cameras (and less on PEN’s) to increase their sales in 2014.