Important: Only Europeans can buy in this store!
Adorama has the Voigtländer 25mm in Stock (Click here). And don’t forget that they are also accepting preorders on the Panasonic 25mm f/1.4 lens (Click here)
You can now get the AG-AF100 Micro Four Thirds camcorder with a free (!) 14-140mm zoom lens at BHphoto (Click here).
The Black and White Olympus XZ-1 are in Stock for $409 only at Amazon (Click here).
The Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 lens is in Stock for $379 via third party resellers on Amazon (Click here).
BHphoto sent me an email to say that the very last GH1 cameras are now in Stock (Click here). Once sold out there will be no more GH1 cameras for sale anymore! And if you purchase the GH1 body (for $399) you will get $100 on any Panasonic m43 lens you buy. You have to click on “Save $100 on Select Panasonic Lenses” to see the deal.
The same deal is ongoing at Amazon (Click here) and Adorama (Click here).
The Phoblographer’s Autofocus Test: Olympus EP3 vs Canon 7D
There are many interesting E-P3 tests you absolutely have to see! On top you can see an E-P3 versus Canon 7D autofocus test. Easy to see who is the winner! And here is the reviews list:
1) Photographyblog (Click here) made a very detailed Olympus E-P3 JPEG vs RAW comparison. And those are the most interesting notes:
– The camera-original JPEG shows considerably higher contrast, while the raw conversion has arguably better tonality.
– There’s a bit of luminance noise in the JPEG, while the raw conversion has some tightly-grained chroma noise.
– AT High ISO the JPEG has a monochromatic noise pattern, while the raw conversion has more chroma noise
– You can definitely achieve much crisper-looking results by shooting raw, but the actual amount of detail may not be that much higher, and you may also run into aliasing issues.
2) Micro Four Thirds high ISO noise compared – G1, E-P2, E-P3 at FourThirdsUser (Click here). Who wins? Easy…the E-P3 :)
3) Focus Numerique (Click here) posted their well known ISO tests of the E-P3. At highest sensitivities (ISO 3200 and 6400) images of the E-P3 are better than the E-PL2 but it gets beaten by the G3. Focus Numerique posted also some Image samples you can download as RAW!
And finally also Amazon.de is accepting E-P3 preorders. Here is the updated Hot preorder list:
Olympus E-P3 preorders at Amazon US, Adorama, BHphoto, Amazon UK and Amazon DE.
Olympus 12mm f/2.0 preorders at Amazon US, Adorama, B&H and eBay.
Olympus 45mm f/1.8 preorders at Amazon US, Adorama, B&H.
As you know the Fujiguys announced that there would be some amazing new Fuji stuff in autumn. Yesterday Photorumors got an info from an unknown source saying that “The Fuji mirrorless system will be launched with a set of new Fujinon lenses. There might even be two different mirrorless version announced at the same time.” That’s probably coming from the same source that a couple of days ago said that Fuji would launch”some kind of a mirrorless solution with a sensor probably smaller than APS-C, something in the m4/3 range.” It’s a very long time that Fuji didn’t release any Fujinon Lens for a photo camera system (Click here to see Fujinon Lenses on eBay). And I would certainly welcome if those lenses would be made for the m43 system!
Please be careful with that rumor. I don’t know the source and I still didn’t hear anything from my trusted sources. The only thing I noticed is that the Fuji Guys are now following my tweets! Not enough to consider it a prove that they will join m43 soon but at leas I am happy they are reading us ;)
Reminder -> Rumors classification explained (FT= FourThirds):
FT1=1-20% chance the rumor is correct
FT2=21-40% chance the rumor is correct
FT3=41-60% chance the rumor is correct
FT4=61-80% chance the rumor is correct
FT5=81-99% chance the rumor is correct
As you know the most used camera on Flickr is the iPhone…Compact Cameras are dead and long live the Phone Cameras! That’s the revilution that is going on the mass market. And that’s why Panasonic is pushing their new Lumix Phone. Today they annoucned the new Panasonic Lumix Phone P-05C you can see here: Panasonic Japan. It has 3.3-inch LCD, 13.2MP sensor with full HD video recording, it is the world’s first phone with optical “anti-shake” (something we would love to see in m43 Panasonic cameras!) and DLNA support.
Link to the official press release: Panasonic.co.jp.