Keep following us! We will update this post with all links to reviews, hands-on, images samples and more!
Feel free to send me links to interesting stuff. Thanks!
Amazon (Click here to preorder now!!!)
- Body only option is available!!! +option with 14-42mm or 14-140mm kit lens!
- The 1080i output is derived from 60p or 50p capture, rather than doubled-up from 24p or 25p on the GH1!
- 1080 60i with variable frame rate (80%,160%,200%,300%)!!!
- 24p native option available at 24 Mbps AVCHD
- 40fps mode using electronic shutter mode
- In Germany the price will be 900.- EUR for body-only. With the kit lens (14-42mm) will be about 1000.- EUR and twith the 14-140mm zoom lens about 1550.- EUR. According to Enagdget “The GH2 will ship in black and silver by “early December,” with a body-only model going for $899.95, a 14-42mm bundle going for $999.95 and a 14-140mm bundle for $1,499.95.”
- 3CPU In order to achieve high quality processing. Compared to the conventional engine with 2CPU it boasts the power of approximately 1.8 times.
- LVF has 0.71× magnification (1.42 × 0.5)
- It can do 3D
- 3 new lenses: 14mm, 100-300mm and the 3D lens. The 14mm lens will be available late October. The other two by early November.
SPECS and INTERESTING NOTES:
- First preview on DPreview
- Akihabara has been the first to report the GH2 press release: “Announced to be sold in Japan later this october, the GH2 comes with a 16.05Mpix Live MOS Censor, direct support of 3D video! Full HD Video recording at 60fps (1080/60i), Video with AF (like on the GH1), SDXC Support, an ISO Speed from 160 to 12800, and an impressive ultra fast AF capable to give you the correct focus in just 0.1sec.“. It also has a 460,000 dot 3-inch wide-view touch panel and 1.5 M dot EVF. 5fps.
- First image samples on Panasonic website: click here and here!
- Special digital zoom in FHD – 2.6x and 3.9x in other modes. Shooting still during video (with evry small video freeze).
- Panasonic will produce 5,000 units per month. Is that enough?
- The official Panasonic GH2 page on Panasonic Japan websites
KEY DIFFERENCES COMPARED TO THE GH1:
* New sensor with 18.3 million total pixels
* ISO range 160 – 12800 vs 100-6400 form the GH1
* Sensor outpus of 1080p at 60 or 50 fps (GH1 24 or 25 fps)
* Faster sensor read-out promises faster AF and smoother viewfinder image (less tearing)
* Larger EVF (852 x 600 rather than 800 x 600 pixels)
* Touch-sensitive LCD screen
* New, more modern looking menu screens
* G2-style combined AF mode/pattern control on top plate
* Direct movie shooting button moved to top plate from rear of camera
* Control dial moved from front of handgrip to rear of camera
* Dedicated metering and ‘film mode’ buttons replaced by highly customizable Fn buttons
* Q menu button moved from top plate to rear of camera
* New battery (DMW-BLC12E) with fractionally smaller capacity (1200mAh vs 1250mAh)
* Slightly heavier (394g compared to 385g body only)
Focus Numerique (french)
The official Panasonic GH2 page on Panasonic Japan websites
Panasonic GH2 japanese press release
[Photokina 2010] Lumix GH2 officially Official! (Akihabara)
There is also a zoom lever for the 14-140mm lens