Did you know that you can jailbreak your Olympus software? Once you do that you will be able to use your Nintendo DS to capture timelapse shots with a built-in alarm and triggering the shutter by clapping your hands instead of pressing the button (Yeah I know it is exactly the feature we were all looking for).
You need to install the Open Camera Controller (which is Open Source).
Your camera will now have following features:
* Unlimited AEB
* Sound Trigger
* Motion Sensing
* Sun-/Moonrise aware
A complete description of the software is available here: http://www.hdrlabs.com/occ/index.html
A youtube video (test on Canon DSLR) is available here: canonwatch.com
The Panasonic G-Series system has been updated with the new cameras. The new charts shows the Kit-options for the G2 and the G10
Don’t worry! That’s definitely a typo ;)
Amazon UK has the G2 available for preorder (price $45,620.00 LOL!)
What’s more interesting for us is that “This item will be released on 1 Jun 2010.“
Imaging Resource had a chance to talk with Yoshiyuki Inoue (senior camera planner from Panasonic Corporation).
Key points of the interviews:
– The main people buying the GH1 are enthusiasts and some pro movie editors.
– When asked if the future GH1 successor will have a strong video focus Yoshiyuki says that “maybe our video cameras will be improving in this direction.” (in the direction of higher-end videographers) because “Our G-series is aimed at more the average customer.”
– Panasonic wants to focus on the production of new lenses.
– He also says the GH3 or a GF3 may having different AF in movies.
– “I want to make an absolutely “mechanical-less” camera” -> No more mechanical-shutters
The japanese company “Hino” produced a new Tilt-Shift adapter for MicroFourThirds cameras. Their website is in japanese only that’s why I can’t tell you how you can buy the lens. May some of our japanese readers can help us?
UPDATE: Chief Noda made us a better translation of the text. It is available here: http://www.chiefnoda.com/temporary/ts/
Finally after months of work I almost finished the new forum. Now I need some help from you!
1) I need Beta testers: contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will give you the link to the forum.
2) I also need some genious for a new logo for the forum only (not for 43rumors!). Contact me if you want to make one!
I need you to make me suggestions for forum settings, forum categories and I also need a vBulletin expert to fix an issue :)