Engdget just spotted the new Olympus Bluetooth module at FCC: “Exactly what it does isn’t clear, but it looks to be a match for the accessory port below the hot shoe on Olympus’ PEN series cameras, which could open up a number of interesting possibilities — a geotagging GPS module, perhaps, or even a file transfer device?“
Dominic Papenheim and Claudia Baehr from Olympus talking to Megapixel.co.il in Photokina.co.il.
1) Starting from 00:41 they talk about the Olympus E-5.
2) At 04:00 the Interviewer ask if the E-5 can compete with Full Frame camera. The answer is that Full Frame and E-5 are on the same level.
3) At 05:00 the Interviewer ask about the auto-focus speed which is slow on the Olympus E-PL1 + 14-42mm kit compared to the Panasonic GF1. Olympus answer was that new lenses like the 9-18mm do have faster auto-focus than the kit-lens.
4) At 07:00 the Interviewer ask how the compact (not mirrorless) market will change in the next year. Olympus will introduce many new technologies (3D, WiFi, GPs and more).
5) At 09:35 Olympus says that especially female do like mirrorless cameras because they don’t want big cameras.
6) At 12:05 they talk about the lens road-map. Olympus doesn’t give any answer about possible future 3D lenses.
7) At 12:40 In Japan the mirrorless market share is 40%, in Europe 9% and in US 7-8%.
One more news: Olympus just updated the Olympus Viewer 2 to version 1.1 (Source: Olympus Japan)
A few months ago I posted a rumor about the Panasonic GP1. The rumor said the camera should be announced in November. I have no confirmation from our sources about such a camera but there are a few shows coming soon and I will try to find out if there could be a surprise annoucement by Panasonic (and of course Olympus).
Those were the rumored specs:
– The GP1 is a pro camera, weather sealed, all in metal
– 14 megapixels, 12 effective, all ratios, new BL Live MOS sensor
– Iso up to 6400, with true clean 3200 iso, Hi setting to 12800
– Touch screen like the shoplink 14834]Panasonic G2[/shoplink], New Venus HD III engine
– The design is like the G1 and G2, the EVF is better
– Video Full HD 60 frames at full resolution
– New feature is multi spot metering
– 6 FPS, and a new Pro Manual mode
I am repeating that since a long time. Panasonic give us a Micro Four Thirds camera which is built like a tank…like the Panasonic DMC-LC1! That’s an order
From what I understand those are the key info:
– The lens is very sharp at f/4-f/5.6.
– Autofocus is also very fast.
– Vignetting is visible down to f/5.6.
– Some problems with with flare when shooting wide open.
The Olympus E-P2 is exactly one year old. It has been announced in November 2009. So will there be any replacement during the next few weeks? According to two 43rumors sources this is NOT going to happen. The E-P3 will be unveiled in February along the new Olympus lenses (finally!!!). The sources also said the E-P3 will use a new Panasonic sensor. Not the same Panasonic GH2 sensor but definitely a sensor with more Megapixels than the actual E-PL1/E-P2. A few months ago 43rumors posted a rumor about the E-P3 having a built-in EVF which would make it look like the Fuji X100. The E-P3 would still remain very compact but be a little bit higher than the current E-P2.
So will we finally get our digital Olympus 35RC? If you know more about the future Olympus PEN camera and lenses feel free to contact me at email@example.com. Or use the contact form on the right sidebar to contact me anonymously. Thanks!
P.S.: The Olympus 35RC is one of my favorite cameras and you can get it cheap on eBay (Click here)
Reminder: Rumors classification explained (FT= FourThirds): FT1=1-20% chance the rumor is correct FT2=21-40% chance the rumor is correct FT3=41-60% chance the rumor is correct FT4=61-80% chance the rumor is correct FT5=81-99% chance the rumor is correct
Disclaimer: 43Rumors has no affiliation with any of the equipment manufacturers mentioned on this site. Please visit their official websites by typing the specific brand name and adding .com after it in your browser. All trademarks and brands belong to their respective owners.
Here is the definition of the word “rumor” according to Merriam Webster dictionary:
Etymology: Middle English rumour, from Anglo-French, from Latin rumor clamor, gossip; akin to Old English rēon to lament, Sanskrit rauti he roars
Date: 14th century
1: talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source
2: a statement or report current without known authority for its truth
3 archaic : talk or report of a notable person or event
If you want to use any image from this website you have to ask for permission. You cannot copy more than 20 words from any of our posts. And you have to define the source with "Source: 43rumors.com" (working link).
Advertise on 43rumors
Contact Mr. Jeff Lalier to advertise on 43rumors:
Click on the Share button below to write the message!
Name and email are NOT required so you can stay anonymous. Also the IP-address will not be submitted to us. Use Imageshack to share pictures (anonymously).