Our sources are pretty exited with the new upcoming Olympus 12mm f/2.0 high grade lens. First the build quality is amazing, it’s an all metal piece of goodness! And the lens has a distance scale! According to my sources the lens has the best image quality (resolution, color rendering) tested to date. Someone said there is nothing to envy to any Leica lens! Compared to the Leica 24mm f/3.8 (Click here to see that lens on eBay) the Olympus will cost $1.700 less and has a much faster aperture! Another source that this is one of the lenses that will birng new sex appeal to the Micro Fur Thirds system (yes he used those words). The 12mm lens will be available a couple of weeks after the June 30th announcement. So check your piggy bank savings, you need around $850 for that lens!
- Olympus 12mm f/2.0 coming on June 30th
- It’s the very first High Grade lens for Micro Four Thirds and is made in Tatsuno (Japan)
- All metal construction with distance meter.
- Lens size similar to the new Panasonic Leica 25mm f/1.4.
- Filter size 46mm
- Already in production since April and will be in Stock in July.
- Close focusing 20cm (0.67 feet)
Reminder -> Rumors classification explained (FT= FourThirds):
FT1=1-20% chance the rumor is correct
FT2=21-40% chance the rumor is correct
FT3=41-60% chance the rumor is correct
FT4=61-80% chance the rumor is correct
FT5=81-99% chance the rumor is correct