About 43rumors (short version)
43rumors collects all news, rumors, reviews and deals about Panasonic and Olympus digital cameras. The goal is to allow an easy access for all user to latest Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds
– This is not a professional website. The writer is a non-native english speaker. Language is very basic and text can contain few and sometimes many errors. The wirte uses his free time to work on 43rumors. So please understand that I can’t answer all your mails, please understand that I sometimes can miss to report a news very quickly.
– 43rumors keeps the presence of advertising banners at a minimum (there are two only on 43rumors). To cover the monthly server costs (+ other occasional costs) we ask you to purchase your products trough our affiliate links (amazon, pixmania etc.) We will earn a small commission from it without you paying any penny more! Thanks.
About me (the leader)
I am the only one writing articles on 43rumors. I started this website in 2009 because I was interested in getting news about the Micro Four Thirds platform but nobody on Internet seemed to care about it. That’s why I made a website for my own to collect news and help others to get access on it. I never thought so many of you would be interested in visiting me. As I said I am not a native English speaker (de facto I never had english at school). I speak 3 languages almost perfectly (German, Spanish and Italian) + 4 languages on an average level (Portuguese, French, Dutch and English). I work as documentarist and photographer ans usually travel a lot (mostly Africa and Latin America). Most of the times I do write on 43rumors in Internet cafes or using free wifi access or my iPhone while I am working. Yes those are not the best conditions to work
I prefer to keep my name and my real life separated from the work on 43rumors. That’s why I don’t disclose my real name on 43rumors.
Please respect anyone. That’s the only thing I do ask you!
Become a 43rumors member
You can become a 43rumors member by registering yourself here: http://www.43rumors.com/register/. As we have strong antispam filters contact us if you do not receive any confirmation email (email@example.com).
As a registered member you can edit your profile, make friends within the 43rumors member and add your own product reviews that will help others to learn more about a camera/lens.
In future we will add more new futures.
Send rumors to 43rumors
I deal with my rumor sources everyday. There are a few things you should know if you want to become a source:
1) Use the contact form on the right sidebar. You can avoid to send me your real name and email address. It also doesn’t store the IP-address so it’s impossible for me to know who you are. Anyway it would be nice if you would use some kind of nickname. That’s the only way for me to know if you are a trusted or new source.
2) You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use a fake gmail (or other mail) account.
3) I am not related to any company (No Olympus no Panasonic etc.)
4) I usually try to double check rumors so don’t expect me to post your rumor minutes after I received it
How to help and support 43rumors.
First: Feel free to send me interesting news and rumors you found on the World Wide Web. This really helps me to not miss any important news and helps me to not spend dozens of hours while searching the latest news
Second: Server cost are around 300 Euro per month. There are also some extraordinary expenses for design changes and technical work. To cover that ask I would appreciate if you could use the affiliate links to purchase any products you want. For example: If you click on the Panasonic GH2 Amazon link and buy the GH2 or any other Amazon product (yes also books, diapers or whatever) we will earn a small commission form it without you paying any penny more for the items you buy! That is the bets way to
1) Support 43rumors without sending me one single penny
2) Keep advertising banners at a minimum (there are only two right now)
3) Keep this website free from the direct or indirect influence from big companies. Usually other big photo related websites are owned by companies or do get paid for posting articles or advertising.
Details about the 43rumors owners:
The website is owned and managed by Amonsul VOF company located in Belgium.