Various sources told me that they got press meetings with Panasonic between November 6 and November 8. At this point I am not 100% certain if the G9 will be announced on November 6 at around 11am London time or if it will be announced on November 8.
It might be that Panasonic will show the camera to some people on November 6 but asking them to sign NDA til November 8.
Those are the G9 specs we got from our sourcesso far:
– It will have a 20.3 MP sensor without an AA filter.
– 80 MP mode combined from 8 images. Images are stitched together in camera (no need to run it through an external software). works with camera on tripod only (non handheld mode)
– 6K Photo mode,
– 60FPS AFS.
– 2 slots for SD card
– Magnesium body, freeze proof up to -10 Celsius degrees
– 3,680k-dot OLED LVF
– Rear joystick for focus points
– Top plate LCD
– Large buffer with no slow down
– available after Christmas