Panasonic will have a press conference on April 13 right at the NAB show in Las Vegas. Trusted sources already told us back in October the new AG-AF100 successor is due with completely new sensor and 4K recording. I am particularly interested in that new MFT sensor as it should bring some incredibly advanced new performance:
I had a conversation with a Panasonic Rep here in Japan.He told me in the near future there will be an upgrade of the AF 101 camera announced. Newly designed sensor will have an immense dynamic range of up to 15 stops and 4K. Sensor will be a big surprise in unexpected ways. Not shure about the price tag though.
Source 2 via Photorumors.
- 4K video
- 18MP photo
- 16+ stops of dynamic range
- Improved lowlight capabilities
- Improved skintones
- Improved highlight rendition
- Useable ISO (almost no grain) up to 12,800
- The new camera will basically have one of the best stills and videos images/color rendition/dynamic range compared to the competition
- Price tag is expected to be high – similar to the AF101: around $3k-$4k