The Japanese site DC.watch interviewed Panasonic manager to talk about the present and future of photography.
– High Megapixel cameras are coming (from all manufacturers). Megapixel race will never go away says Panasonic
– Panasonic is working on 6K and 8K video recording. 8K will come before 2020 (Olympic year).
– The ultimate “dream” is to beat the human eye performance
– There is the potential to use pure electronic shutter only
– Micro Four Thirds is the perfect sensor size for Panasonic. But they not rule out to create a second larger sensor size system.
– A medium format camera from Panasonic is highly unlikely to happen :)