Yoshiyuki Oyama with senior marketing manager at Olympus Japan’s SLR Business Division.
(This is me astonished when I got this news)
From a danish website:
Olympus E-3 is the worldâ€™s most weather-resistant DSLR camera. But the camera lags behind some of its competitors.
â€œSuddenly as an lightning from the clear blue skye, I got a hint from a normal highly credible source.
Olympus has launched the E-30 and E-620. Both cameras with more pixels than the big brother E-3 and with a lot of new features. This could therefore indicate that an successor to the E-3 is underway – a really good bet, would be that it will be launched in June, according to my source!.
So if we now put all the good stuff from Olympus E-30/E-620 into the weather-resistant housing of the E-3, we could get an E-5.
But it does not make it alone if you ask me. There must be both more megapixels in a professional camera and ISO noise needs to be fixed and there must be video in such a camera.
Do Olympus deliver this – an E-5 could very well be a success.â€
Do we see the new Olympus model in June?â€
First we would like to thank you for visiting our site. We started this website with a longtime vision and we are putting much effort into the project. We would like to ask a favour of you… you could help us to improve the site ;)
1) Please send us your opinion and if you have it…some of your rumors!!! We know you know something we don’t know! ;)
2) You can see some logos of famous online-shops on the right side of the homepage and on the ‘my shop’ page. I would like to ask you for an active support on this website by clicking on these links when you need to shop there. And it doesn’t cost you anything but the commission we can get with it, will help us to cover the hosting and domain costs.
We really thank you for your attention!
A few days ago I asked the preview forum users which features they want to
see for the upcoming micro four thirds from Olympus.
I tried to filter and group the value.
There are some points of interest we should take into consideration:
1) First of all the users seem to focus more on lenses than on the Olympus camera
itself. Almost every user gave different zoom or primes specs. 10 users
asked explicitly for more Zuiko lenses and a lot of users gave their
lens wishlist. 10 guys desired prime lenses and pancakes.
2) Video capabilities seem to be less important. This might show us
that Olympus users are more focused on making photos than canonusers ;)
3) The users want EVF and some want the EVF positioned like a rangefinder.
4) Body IS, weatherproof camera and hot shoes are also requested.
These are not scientific results, but it can give you a small idea of what Olympus people want.
I bet we will see a new Canon 500D on March 25th! And of course it will do videor! The only question is if it will be a real Panasonic GH1 challenger. The camera must have variable framerate settings, high Mb/s rate, manual setting options for ISO and aperture, good codec and autofocus. The ÃœBER-feature would be 1080 60p/50p recording which I believe is NOT coming.
Im wondering if Olympus will ever come out with a camera with video capabilities…