And may you make yourself a present and get your DP2 here! Sigma DP2 14MP FOVEON CMOS Sensor Digital Camera with 2.5 Inch TFT LCD
We already wrote a post over that but today we got one more confirmation from a very reliable source. Leica seems to be interested in the micro four thirds standard but they will wait before making any decision of joining the adventure. They are focusing now on the new M9 (and of course the S2 system).
We have some doubts concerning their plans with the R-System. We know they want create a new R-System which in fact is a cheaper M-system. But we don’t know if that R-System will use the micro four thirds standard or not. We will see…
I have to say thanks to the people who supported us by shopping in amazon. This is really important for us in order to improve our website and make all this job sustainable. We are still working on the website so may you will see some small changes soon.
And remember, when you click on the amazon advertising to buy something…
1) …You pay the normal amazon price and we get 5% commission!
2) Once clicked on the banner you can buy whatever you want (even books or CD’s) and we get the same commission.
3) Click on the amazon logo if you just want to go to the amazon homepage. Take whatever item you want and again we get the 5%.
The item we propose you are just a small selection we made. We choose products in which we believe are the most interesting for everybody.
For example the GH1 (it has the best digital camera video) Panasonic DMC-GH1 12MP Four Thirds Interchangeable Lens Camera with 1080p HD Video
and the Sigma DP2 (the best image quality for a compact camera) Sigma DP2 14MP FOVEON CMOS Sensor Digital Camera with 2.5 Inch TFT LCD
Thanks again folks! And feel free to contact us at email@example.com !
Click on the picture to enlarge!
Source: dpreview forum
There is a GH1 vs G1 RAW comparison thread inside the dpreview forum.Klick on picture to see it at normal size.
This comparison is made at ISO3200, equal exposure for both, sharpening and NR turned off and developed with RawTherapee.
The people inside the forum have different opinions, some believes the GH1 is clearly better some other believes the difference is minimal. At first look it seems the banding issue at high ISO is still here (it looks slightly different between the two cameras). And may the G1 still looks a little sharper?
|Title||World Champion Guo Yue executing a forehand loop|
|Camera||Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5. 1/25 sec exposure|
|Text||Why interesting or special? An action shot.
Non-DSLR camera has trouble with lag for capturing action. You need to anticipate. I just got lucky here.
Composition: Notice motion blur capturing speed of her stroke.
Foreground and background are sharp by contrast – the opposite of most photographers getting sharp subject and blurry background/foreground (bokeh). My cropping is mean to emphasize that.Cheers!
It is gone quickly today. We found the theme we were looking for. Thanks your donations and clicks on advertising we had the money to spend the 75$ for the theme. Our main goal is to make a more enjoiable website with less confusing advertising presence.
The list of changes includes:
1) Comments and most popular posts should become more importance
2) Every post on the main page shows you the last comment.
3) US, UK, german and soon french and canadian people will see amazon (and may other companies) direct link to the most interesting products. It is by far better than the adsense banner. We get 5% commission for every product you buy after clicking the banner (coul be even a book!). If you are occasionally amazon buyer and you may like our ob you can buy EVERYTHING by simply clicking over the product or over the amazon logo.
All other people will see the adsense banner instead.
4) We added a live-chat. We will try it ou, just for fun :)
5) We cutted the stupid google search option. Now you can use a normal search tool.
This is just the beginning. We have a looooong list!!!