Photozone is one of the most serious lens review page. But sometimes they make some camera review. They posted a Olympus E-620 preview (and the complete review should come soon). The most interesting part is the resolution test. It seems the strong E-620 filter causes a resolution drop compared to other DSLR.
You can see the newest Olympus Pen video. http://asia.olympus-imaging.com/products/dslr/special/pen50th/pen_d/ . Berlin is a city I love and may I should go there around June 15th-16th! :) http://www.1854.eu/2009/06/olympus_goes_retro_with_micro.html
1) Buy only what you really need, a better camera doesn’t make you a better photographer!
2) Invest in lenses. if you take care of them they will hold their value far better than cameras. A good lens is forever! ;)
3) If you do not have money visit ebay and buy the Olympus 35RC or 35SP. Incredible image quality in fullframe :)
4) The best camera is the camera you can carry with you. That’s why I love the Panasonic LX3!
So here the list:
1) Amazon sells the Panasonic 45-200mm lens with a 82$ price drop. A good chance to get this lens!
3) The Olympus 7-14mm is in stock with heavy rebates -31% You Save: $790.02!!!
4) The Olympus Zuiko 14-35mm is one of my favorite lenses and after rebates it is now avaible for $1,938.98 only
5) If you need a photocamera which can take video preorder the Panasonic DMC-GH1 . Do not wait for the Olympus MicroFourThirds camera or Pentax K7 or Canon 5DII. The Gh1 will be unbeaten for long time.
6) Tripods are necessary for almost everyone and good tripods are expensive…wait ALL good tripods? No! The chinese company Benro sells very good quality tripods for cheap. Get it here:
7) For our german readers:
PANASONIC Lumix DMC-LX3 schwarz EUR 395 (mit dem Code “PIX05DE4”) Pixmania.de
Have a nice shopping!
– 12 Megapixel
– 100-3200 ISO
– 3.0 LCD with new improved liveview (IS will work while you use the liveview)
– Same autofocus as the Panasonic G1
– Video 720p 50/60p
– 2 models, one in silver-black, one beige
– thicker than the G10 or DP2
– pancake lens and zoom lens
– 990$ body+kit lens
If you want to support our website start your shopping by clicking the links to our partershops (Amazon US, B&H Photo,
Adorama,Calumet Photographic). It doesn’t cost you anything an the little commission we get will help to sustain our costs and daily work. Many thanks!
We received an email with a short comparison made by a person who had the chance to hold both cameras (the Sigma DP2 and the Olympus MicroFourThirds camera)
(translated from other language)
“Olympus m4/3 feels better in your hands. There is a grip which I miss with the Sigma DP2. The camera is a little thicker than the Sigma. The Olympus body quality is higher than the DP2. Controls are very well positioned and simple to use. I like the way you rotate the dial. The LCD screen is bigger (but the camera was off). The camera isn’t rectangular like the mockup you have seen. I believe you can’t really compare the Sigma DP2 to the Olympus E-P1. I am almost sure this camera will be a hotseller.”
And we all hope for Olympus the camera will be really that good!
Inside slrclub (a korean forum) there is a post from a person who claims to have seen the E-P1.
The interesting part are (google translation text):
1) “And live view through the image shake correction check ... Unlike existing DSLR live view…”. I
2) “It’s not that tall and 17mm lens mount…”
3) “Still should be a silver color .. yellow leather…”
P.S.: May some korean reader can help us and make a small summary. Not everything is understandable with the google translation!
And thanks “wildone” we have a better translation:
Summary of the article and the comments…
1. The design of E-P1 is quite different from previous mock-up model. Lens design remains same.
2. Image stabilization
4. It looks slightly bigger than orange mock-up model.
5. Even with 17mm lens mounted, It doesn’t look that big.
6. Grip of the camera feels good. Right side of the camera is designed to fit into hand.
7. steel(not still :)) glossy silver. Steel glossy surface has replaced orange band of the mockup model.
White pearl color.
‘The announcement this time indicates that the actual model to be introduced will feature a considerably different outer design, that bears a close resemblance to the legendary Pen 18x24mm camera.’
‘More than 30% of the users of compact digital cameras wish to use DSLR cameras but they do not actually step up to DSLRs simply because of prices, sizes, weights and difficulties to use.’
‘We at Olympus wish to make an appeal to those people with the new Micro Four Thirds DSLR-type camera, hoping to regain lost ground in our imaging business by focusing on the Micro Four Thirds system.’