After many months of waiting the brand new Panasonic 14-140mm lens version is in Stock for the first time in US via KenmoreCamera on eBay (Click here). The lens is more compact than the predecessor and a tiny bit more faster.
Our friends over at Bestmirrorlesscamerasreviews interviewed MR Terada, Mr Guthmann and Mr Fandrey from Olympus. These are just some of the key points:
– Asked why the E-M1 lags behind the GH3 when it comes to video quality Mr Terada says: “We are concentrating on priority matters, specifically establishing nice still image quality. This is our priority as a camera manufacturer and our reputation on the market is for still.”
– He confirms again: “no plan to make new FT lenses”
– “The E-M1 is not the successor to the E-M5.” And there will be deifnitely an E-M5 successor.
– Regarding the FF vs APS-C vs FT sensor size matter he says: “I also feel that the balance of portability and IQ is what puts MFT above APS-C. The image quality is almost the same but the portability is totally different. Then, if you compare the lens size – DSLR, APS-C, and mirrorless APS-C – their lenses are much bigger than ours. I don’t think everyone will go to FF; only those who really need it will. But many journalists say that the E-M1 covers a lot. Somebody said 99% can be covered.”
Thanks BMCR for sharing the interview content!
Olympus E-M1 body at Amazon, Adorama and BHphoto, Amazon DE (via DL), Amazon UK (via DL), Amazon ES (via DL), WexUK, Topshot FI, CameraWorldUK.
Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO Lens at Amazon, Adorama, BHphoto, AmazonDE (viaDL), Amazon ES (via DL).
Olympus E-M1 with 12-40mm Lens kit at Amazon DE (via DL), WexUK and CameraWorldUK, Amazon UK (via DL), Amazon ES (via DL).
Olympus E-M1 with 12-50mm Lens kit at Amazon DE (via DL), WexUK, CameraWorldUK, Amazon UK (via DL), Amazon ES (via DL).
Olympus EP-13 Eyecup for E-M1 at Adorama and BHphoto.
Olympus HLD-7 Battery Grip for E-M1 at Amazon, Adorama and BHphoto.
Olympus LC-62D Metal Front Lens Cap for 12-40mm at Adorama and BHphoto.
Olympus LH-66 Lens Hood for 12-40mm at Adorama and BHphoto.
Image courtesy: DSLRmagazine
Soon Panasonic will officially launch the new 42,5mm f/1.2 Nocticron Lens. But don’t expect it to be cheap! If you don’t care about not having AF than you may jump on the great Voigtlander Nokton 42,5mm f/0.95 lens!
DSLRmagazine (translation here) just published the full test results and in short these are their findings:
– The center of the image is very sharp at f/0.95 already.
– You will start to have a top performance of both center and corner sharpness at f/2.0 aperture.
– Vignetting is acceptable at f/0.95 and disappears from f/2.0 towards.
– There is almost zero distortion
– The overall performance has been improved compared to the first Nokton 25mm lens.
At smaller apertures, the Nokton 42.5mm is extremely sharp across the frame with great color and contrast. At wider apertures, there is a glow due to spherical aberration, though resolution is still relatively good. The spherical aberration becomes more problematic at closer focus distances and wide apertures and the lens can display rather heavy longitudinal chromatic aberration. Overall, though, the images out of the 42.5mm f/0.95 are of very high quality, and the speed and subject isolation you get with this lens is more akin to the look you get from a full frame camera than typical Micro 4/3.
Really a great lens from Voigtlander!
All search links to Nokton f/0.95 lenses:
17,5mm at Amazon, B&H, Adorama, Olympus US store, FocusCamera, eBay 25mm at Amazon, B&H, Adorama, Olympus US store, FocusCamera, eBay 42,5mm at Amazon, B&H, Adorama, Olympus US store, FocusCamera, eBay
UPDATE: And the 12-35mm X lens is available for $949 at MZgamers (Click here). It’s the lowest US price ever seen.
Silver GX7 body at Amazon US, BHphoto, Adorama, Samys, Wex Deutschland, Wex UK , Amazon JP.
Silver GX7 with 14-42mm lens at Amazon, BHphoto, Adorama, Samys, Henrys, Wex Deutschland, WexUK, Amazon UK.
Black GX7 body at Henrys, Wex Deutschland, Wex UK, Amazon UK, Amazon Japan.
Black GX7 with 14-42mm lens at Henrys, Wex Deutschland, Wex UK, Amazon UK.
Black GX7 with 20mm lens at Henrys, Wex UK, Amazon UK, Amazon Japan.
Silver GX7 with 20mm lens at Henrys, Wex UK, Amazon UK, Amazon Japan.
A source just shared some info on a new lens that will be launched along the new ultra-compact Panasonic G camera in early October! There will be a 12-32mm lens as compact as the current Panasonic X Vario PZ 14-42mm. But the new 12-32mm will not have the PZ function and is likely a tiny bit smaller than the current pancake zoom. Obviously this lens will be the kit lens of the ultracompact camera. Very small, very light and a tiny bit wider…sounds like the perfect companion for the new camera!
P.S.: Along the Panasonic G and 12-32mm ultra compact camera and lens there will be also the final release of the Nocticron 42,5mm lens.
For sources: Sources can send me anonymous info at firstname.lastname@example.org (create a fake gmail account) or via contact form you see on the right sidebar. Thanks!
For readers: Don’t miss any news. Join our group on facebook and follow our tweets.
Rumors classification explained (FT= FourThirds):
FT1=1-20% chance the rumor is correct
FT2=21-40% chance the rumor is correct
FT3=41-60% chance the rumor is correct
FT4=61-80% chance the rumor is correct
FT5=81-99% chance the rumor is correct