Pen And Tell had the chance to “Play” with the upcoming two new Olympus PRO lenses. I will translate some of the key findings for you:
8mm f/1.8 Fisheye PRO lens:
– Compared to the Four Thirds fisheye lens the new MFT version is much smaller and lighter.
– The focus ring works wonderfully light
– Bokeh is good
– The lens is very sharp straight from max aperture
7-14mm f/2.8 PRO lens:
– Compared to the Four Thirds version lens the new MFT version is again much smaller and lighter.
– Autofocus is very fast and silent
– Focus wheel runs very smooth
– Close focus is impressive. I’ts 2cm from the end of the lens.
– Bokeh is very good
– No flare issues
The tester said “Both lenses leave you with a smile on your face“.
Reminder: Two of the future PRO lenses are listed here:
Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO Lens (here at BHphoto).
Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 300mm f/4 PRO Lens (here at BHphoto).