Photkina is getting closer and the new Panasonic GH3 is probably the “hottest” new Micro Four Thirds product. Quite many sources contacted me saying that this is an incredible nice camera. And very likely the first camera that can be considered as “pro” level camera. It is aimed to compete against all high end DSLR APS-C cameras like the Nikon D7000 or Canon 7D. But we know well…we have to see it to believe it :)
At least I finally I can share the Panasonic GH3 specs. Many trusted sources confirmed that these are correct. So here they are:
– 16 Megapixel “Wide dynamic range” CMOS Sensor.
– New Venus 7 engine
– electronic shutter
– ISO 100-12.800
– Fastest AF of any interchangeable lens system camera.
– Video Bitrate 50Mbps (72Mbps ALL-I)
– 30p/25p in MP4, MOV and AVCHD
– 3.5 Mic in
– built-in stereo mic
– Audio out
– Pc control
– Time Code
– 1740k OLED LVF, Touch Monitor OLED 610k.
– external battery grip
– Wifi with remote control through iOS and Android Applications
– external XLR accessory
– Focus Peaking
– Interval shooting and slow motion. Slow Movie extension (40%, 50%, 80%) Fast 160/ 200 / 300%
– Magnesium alloy body. Body is bigger than the [shoplink 16254]Panasonic GH2[/shoplink].
I still don’t know the price yet. The only rumor I got says the GH3 with 14-140mm lens will cost 1700 Euro/Dollars (But this hasn’t been confirmed by any of my trusted sources yet!). Based on those specs I would like to hear from you:
For sources: Sources can send me anonymous info at firstname.lastname@example.org (create a fake gmail account) or via contact form you see on the right sidebar. Thanks!
Rumors classification explained (FT= FourThirds):
FT1=1-20% chance the rumor is correct
FT2=21-40% chance the rumor is correct
FT3=41-60% chance the rumor is correct
FT4=61-80% chance the rumor is correct
FT5=81-99% chance the rumor is correct