I am not certain yet about this. But it seems like:
1) Olympus is not joining the Panasonic FF system
2) Leica may have a connection to it.
I previously had heard that Panasonic might NOT use the Leica SL mount…but now I am not certain about this anymore as I have been told “there is a connection”.
To sum up this what we know so far (FT5):
- Panasonic will announce a new Full Frame Mirrorless system camera on September 25
- Panasonic will only show a prototype with non finalized specs
- The new camera will go on market by March 2019
- Panasonic has designed this new sensor
- The camera will have way more than 30 Megapixels
- The camera has excellent video quality
These are the unconfirmed rumors (FT2….may be right or may be wrong):
- The camera will take current MFT lenses via adapter
- Costs around $3,000
- Has no on sensor stabilization
- 2 slot card
- 4K with no crop in FF and 10 bit 4:2:2
- weather sealed
- Olympus is not joining the Panasonic FF system
You can join the new Panasonic Full Frame Facebook group if you plan to buy this camera. There you can discuss all features and tests once it’s released!
To readers: While I am working to get some early specs I kindly invite you to stay tuned on 43rumors by subscribing here:
RSS feed: https://www.43rumors.com/feed/
To sources: If you want to share some info anonymously please use the contact form on top of the right sidebar. You can also use remailer.paranoici.org to send me an anonymous message at email@example.com