Panasonic G9 with Leica SL mount rendering. The new Panasonic FF camera is rumored to look close to that
It looks like one of my rumors could have been wrong. “Evidence” I got the past days confirm that the new Panasonic FF WILL DEFINITELY use the Leica SL mount. One of the sources told me that the prototype he saw some times ago looked like a Panasonic G9 with Leica SL mount. Here are the six SL lenses you can use right away with the new Panasonic.
Another source suggested the camera might don’t use SD cards:
Not sure on the final choice but uhs-II is not fast enough for top speeds of output.
To sum up this what we know so far (FT5):
- Panasonic will announce a new Full Frame Mirrorless system camera on September 25
- Leica SL mount
- Panasonic will only show a prototype with non finalized specs
- The new camera will go on market by March 2019
- Panasonic has designed this new sensor
- The camera will have way more than 42 Megapixels
- The camera has excellent video quality
These are the unconfirmed rumors (FT2….may be right or may be wrong):
- Costs around $3,000
- Has no on sensor stabilization
- 2 slot card (probably no SD)
- 4K with no crop in FF and 10 bit 4:2:2
- weather sealed
- Olympus is not joining the Panasonic FF system
You can join the new Panasonic Full Frame Facebook group if you plan to buy this camera. There you can discuss all features and tests once it’s released!
To readers: While I am working to get some early specs I kindly invite you to stay tuned on 43rumors by subscribing here:
RSS feed: https://www.43rumors.com/feed/
To sources: If you want to share some info anonymously please use the contact form on top of the right sidebar. You can also use remailer.paranoici.org to send me an anonymous message at email@example.com