UPDATE: It is not true that the E-5 will use a new 12MPX sensor.
We just learned that the E-5 uses the same Panasonic 12 Megapixel sensor used for the [shoplink 14830]PEN[/shoplink]. Olympus preferred that sensor over the new Panasonic 16 Megapixel sensor (I guess we are talking about the GH2 sensor).
The E-5 should be available in October and be a little cheaper than the [shoplink 15032]Olympus E-3[/shoplink] was when launched in October 2007 ($1699).
We are not sure yet if other Olympus products will be announced after the E-5 (which will be unveiled on September 14).
Reminder -> The E-5 specs:
– Weather-proof (Magnesium) body
– 12.1Megapixel sensor (The same Olympus PEN sensor!)
– ISO 100 – 6400 in 1/3 or 1 EV steps
– AVI Motion JPEG(30fps) HD (720)
– it can take a picture with sound.
– mono mic with stereo external microphone input
– 3 inch LCD with 920.000 dots resolution
– 11 points full-twin cross AF sensor (phase-difference detection system)
– 11 area multiple AF (contrast detection system)
– CF and SD dual slot
– Built-in wireless flash