this thing is really damn small!
Google translated press text:
Customizability that flexibly responds to the needs of professional video production sites, from multi-cameras to conventional shooting styles
LUMIX’s first innovative box-style body is packed with the advanced video performance cultivated in the LUMIX GH series. By laying out a highly expandable interface for professional use on the body in order to support multi-camera shooting, which is becoming a trend, we support a wide range of professional video production sites in all directions. By linking with monitors, recorders, microphones, rigs, tripods, gimbals, drones, operating equipment, etc. made by other companies, we provide a high degree of customization according to user needs. We can handle a wide range of tasks, from compact one-man shooting to team-based shooting sites that require the operation of multiple units.
Excellent video performance that inherits the genealogy of the GH series
High-sensitivity image quality realized by 10.2M Live MOS sensor and dual native ISO technology The 10.2M Live MOS sensor with excellent high-sensitivity effective pixels realizes beautiful depiction even in low-light environments. In addition, it is equipped with “dual native ISO technology” that has two dedicated circuits for each pixel. When setting high ISO sensitivity, which amplifies noise, switching between “low ISO sensitivity circuit” and “low noise / high ISO sensitivity circuit” enables more natural and beautiful still image / video recording with reduced noise. I made it. The highest ISO sensitivity for regular use is ISO51200, and the extended ISO sensitivity is ISO204800, expanding the possibilities of shooting range.
Full video recording mode such as Panasonic’s Micro Four Thirds standard’s first Cinema4K 60p 10bit video recording
60p 10bit recording is realized in Cinema4K (4096 x 2160) mode. Even for fast-moving subjects, you can shoot natural and smooth images while suppressing the rolling shutter distortion phenomenon, and you can record high-definition and realistic videos. 10-bit recording, which has 64 times the amount of information as 8-bit recording, provides gradation and subtle nuances of gradation, increasing the degree of freedom in editing and grading. It has twice the color information and 128 times the amount of information as a whole compared to 8-bit recording. 4: 2: 2 10-bit recording can be internally recorded on an SD card, and ALL-Intra recording is also supported. High bit rate recording up to 400 Mbps supports advanced non-linear editing. The HDMI output can output 4: 2: 2 10bit 4K 60p video, and can record high quality 4K video to an external recorder. It also has a full range of video recording modes for professional video production sites, such as 4K anamorphic video recording that supports 4: 3 aspect anamorphic lenses.
Unlimited recording time in all recording modes
The heat dissipation structure equipped with a high-precision heat dissipation simulation and heat dissipation fan has realized unlimited recording time within the guaranteed operating temperature in all video recording modes. By enabling long-time shooting, we can meet the trust of a wide range of professional shooting sites, such as uncut shooting for over 30 minutes and documentary shooting.
13-stop V-Log L with excellent highlight resistance
This unit has a wide dynamic range of 13 stops with excellent highlight resistance. It draws finely from the dark part to the highlight part, enabling highly flexible color grading in video production editing. When shooting V-Log L, you can check the look at the finish with the V-Log view assist function that displays the image after applying the LUT on an external monitor. Also, in post-production, you can create consistent pictures by combining with the LUMIX G series that supports V-Log L, the Panasonic cinema camera VariCam that supports V-Log, and the movies shot with the full-size single-lens camera LUMIX S series. You can edit the video of.
Video look that pursues unified picture creation with the cinema camera VariCam Cine-like D2 / V2
It is cinema-like and impressive by utilizing the cinema-like gamma that reproduces the look that reflects the painting concept of Panasonic’s cinema camera VariCam and S1H without log shooting or color grading in post production. You will be able to make pictures. You can select “Cine-like D2” that prioritizes dynamic range and “Cine-like V 2” that emphasizes contrast from photo styles.
Real-time face recognition AF with improved tracking accuracy by supporting head recognition and strengthening the recognition function
Real-time recognition AF with enhanced AF tracking performance for humans is installed by adding “head recognition” of the human body to the automatic recognition algorithm that applies deep learning, which is an advanced technology in the AI field. Even in a moving subject or a scene where the face of a person is hidden, the camera automatically determines the shooting intention based on the position, size, and angle of view of the head and human body, and keeps focusing while suppressing background omission. “Face / Eye Recognition AF”, which detects a person’s face and eyes and automatically focuses on them, and “Head Recognition” make it possible to continue recognizing even small faces in the distance. The combination of enhanced “Human Body Recognition AF” and “Face / Eye Recognition AF” realizes more accurate AF tracking for people. It is also equipped with “Animal Recognition AF”, so it demonstrates high focus performance for animals.
Equipped with a double SD card slot
Equipped with two SD card slots according to the shooting application. You can set “relay recording” to switch from the first to the second SD memory card when the capacity is full, “backup recording” to record simultaneously with two SD memory cards, etc., so you can shoot movies. You can select the most suitable recording method. The SD memory card is compatible with UHS-II Video Speed Class 90.
Equipped with BNC terminals (3 units) and LAN terminals (PoE + compatible) for the first time as LUMIX
Equipped with 3 BNC terminals, PoE + compatible LAN terminal, and HDMI terminal to control multiple cameras during multi-camera shooting and realize efficient operation.
- BNC terminal: Supports 3G-SDI output, time code (TC IN / OUT), Genlock input 3G-SDI is capable of FHD 60p 4: 2: 2 10bit external output, in addition to long-distance cable routing You can also prevent the cable from coming off. HDMI is capable of 4K 60p 4: 2: 2 10bit external output. Since it also supports simultaneous output from HDMI and 3G-SDI, you can increase the degree of freedom in video recording and monitoring by using or using both 3G-SDI and HDMI terminals together. In addition, the time code (TC IN / OUT) automatically records information on hours, minutes, seconds, and the number of frames to support efficient video editing. Since the Genlock input matches the frame phase, it enables highly accurate synchronization, for example, when switching high-speed subjects with multiple cameras. By using the time code and Genlock input together, you can achieve advanced operations in multi-camera shooting.
- LAN terminal: PoE + compatible, controlling multiple cameras from a PC If you connect to a PoE + (Power over Ethernet) compatible device, you can also supply power using a LAN cable.
Multiple units (up to 12 units) can be controlled from one PC
You can control the camera from your computer by connecting this unit to your computer using a hub and LAN cable. You can check the live view on your computer screen by installing the dedicated software “LUMIX Tether for Multicam” that will be released when this unit is released. You can also change settings such as the specified camera aperture, shutter speed, ISO sensitivity, and white balance, allowing you to make detailed settings smoothly when shooting with multiple cameras. It is also possible to perform the same control via a USB cable.
- “VFR (Variable Frame Rate)” that can record smooth slow motion and crisp quick motion images
- Additional assist functions convenient for movie shooting “Zebra pattern” “Spot brightness meter” “Brightness level setting” *”Anamorphic desk ease display” that allows you to check the finished image after shooting anamorphic *Remote shooting function by smartphone application “LUMIX Sync”
- Easy pairing with a smartphone, “Bluetooth (R) 4.2” that can be connected to the camera at all times with energy saving
- “Wi-Fi (R) 2.4 GHz” that allows wireless connection
- “Low temperature resistant design” of -10 ° C that can be used even in cold regions *11 “screw holes (tripod mounting part)” that can be expanded by attaching rigs, cages, tripods, etc.