CameraBeta published those two images and the following info about the new Yongnuo 12-35mm f/2.8-4 MFT autofocus lens:
- 12-35mm F2.8-4
- for Micro Four Thirds
- inner zoom
- inner focus
- Minimum focus distance 0.25m (previous information)
- 12-31mm has a minimum focusing distance of 13mm, 32-35mm has a minimum focusing distance of 50cm
CameraBeta had the opportunity to speak with YONGNUO’s R&D staff about this lens and they told:
- Designing a zoom lens is difficult.
- Zoom lens manufacturing requires stricter precision, and even the slightest deviation can lead to deterioration in image quality.
- Coating is also important as it also affects backlight resistance.
- The 12-31mm has a minimum focusing distance of 13mm, and the 32-35mm has a minimum focusing distance of 50cm.
- Correcting distortion was difficult, but it is corrected by the body.