…so there is a new Olympus E-620 review at dpinterface. Than if you are looking for lenses may you read the Olympus 12-60mm review at slrgear.com. And for the category crazy stuff you can get a gigapan epci 100 !
We had a small talk with a japanese source who claims to work for Panasonic. We are going to see if he will become one of our trusted sources. So for now this is just a (FT 2) rumor
1) “Yes, Panasonic is working o a compact m4/3 camera but this camera is not a LX3 competitor“. The Lx3 will always be smaller and cheaper than a compact micro four thirds camera from Panasonic. So a Lx3 successor will definitely come.
2) The name could be “LX5”. The “4” number is unlucky to a japanese.
3) Sensor: Panasonic is trying to get new ways with the sensor like Fuji is doing. They already have a functionally HDR-Sensor, a Sensor who can capture a High dynamic range. If this is going to be implemeted in the LX3 successor is undefined but possible. Why should Pansonic do this? “Because improvement on megapixel basis are not so simple, more than 10 Megapixel on a small sensor are difficoult to manage in terms of image quality” .To know more about possible new Panasonic sensor read here: https://43rumors.com/missing-panasonicsensor/
3) People is happy with the zoom range and lens quality. There will be only small improvement here.
4) 2010 will definitely be the year of OLED screens. So I can safely say there is 90% of chance to see OLED screen on the LX5.
5) Panasonic is hardly working to improve the AVCHD lite quality. This will probably find his use inside the LX5
6) GPS tagging, Wifi connection….no plans yet.
7) And what about an auto lens cover? “Probably they will make it”. Oh yes WE HOPE SO!!!