LX3 photography organized a photo contest. On their website you can see a nice slideshow.
Dpreview posted a Compact superzoom Camera Group Test– The joint winners are the Panasonic ZS1 and ZS3 ! Bad to say it but the looser is the Olympus Stylus 9000.
Focus numÃ¨rique has a new Olympus E-620. This may be of interest to our french readers.
Than we have the Panasonic Lumix TS1 Review by dpinterface.
Panasonicâ€™s new DMC-TZ7 is available in red now, for a limited period only. More info at photographyblog.com
I like it! Too bad it is limited in time and quantity and not in price :(
Good morning everyone!
In the the past month we released a lot of rumors and now the time has come to make a small summary! At the moment, it doesn’t matter whether you believe us or not. Keep the rumor summary in your mind and in a few weeks/months you can easily see if we were close to reality. But be warned! We are a rumor website and we do not get information from Olympus or Panasonic themselves! There are two main reasons why we could be wrong with rumors:
1) Most rumor sources are new. Â Proof of their veracity will only come with time. With time we hope to become better and better with our “predictions”.
2) Olympus and Panasonic themselves sometimes change the plan. It could be that a rumor is true in the time we posted it, but changes before the real camera or lens is released. An example has been the supposed built-in flash for the Olympus m4/3 camera. We first predicted that there will be a flash but now it seems that Olympus have changed their plans and we will “propably” not see that built-in flash.
Olympus micro four thirds camera and lenses
1) 12 Megapixel
3) No built in flash
4) 3.0 LCD screen
5) 900$ -999$ with kit lens
6) A second more featured camera released end of the year
7) 14-42 kit lens
8) 17 2.8 lens
9) no EVF
10) beige and black?
11) mid-june announcement and second halph of July avaiablity
Panasonic micro four thirds camera
1) A compact micro four thirds camera released before the end of the year
2) 12 Megapixel
3) more advanced than the Olympus compact camera
Leica micro four thirds camera
1) No micro four thirds camera expected for the next two years (we first saw a small chance Leica would join the m4/3 adventure but than realized that this wasn’t true)
Olympus four thirds camera and lenses
1) E-3 successor planned to be released this year.
2) E-3 successor with small changes (E-30 sensor and Art filter).
3) four prime lenses released between end 2009 and early 2010
In summary these are 18 rumors. If we get over 10 rumors right we would be incredibly happy.
What are our goals with the 43rumors website?
1) To gather attention to Olympus and Pansonic products. They make a lot of great products and we believe we have to break the Canon-Nikon media monopoly. Of course our website is only a minimal contribution, but every step counts!
2) Then, we have some wishful thinking. We hope our readers reactions can have some influence on Olympus and Panasonic’s products. Your comments and reactions matter!
Our private 43rumors members goal!
1) Make this website financially sustainable. We wish to get some earnings in order to cover the costs and some private time investments. We have all a real job and a real family. It becomes easier to work on that website on weekends and nights ifÂ people support us.
2) To not only become the rumor refrence number one for Panasonic and Olympus but to creata some real photographic contents. An example? We are planning to make a professional video test between the GH1-Canon 5d-Nikon D90. Than we plan to use the Olmypus micro four thirds camera for a real work in Siberia.
What should be your role?
1) Critizes us. As you may have noticed we listen to you and try to make things better.
2) Report rumors! You can do it by emailing us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by becoming a real 43rumors editor.
3) Support the website by starting your shopping from here (amazon,calumet,bhphoto,adorama and J&rR). That’s free to you and we get commission for that!
4) Put link to us in your forums and blogs!
Many thanks you all!
Alejandro, Marwin, Gastero, Daniel
This is the officialÂ responseÂ fromÂ Panasonic (US) Customer Service on a customer inquiry:
â€œâ€¦ this model has been carried over into our 2009 Digital Still Camera line up, and will be available through out the remainder of 2009 and early into 2010â€³
What do we know? Nothing….not yet ;)
Our sources pointed the June 16th as the right date for the Olympus announcements. Well they were one day out;)
That rumor was posted way back (March 29th !) so I would say we were REALLY CLOSE with our prediction!
P.S.: If some japanese 43rumors friends wants to send us proper English translations…we would be grateful!
Not long now!
Kumatax sent us a translation. Thank you K.!!!!
The MicroFourThirds machine announces on June 15th. President Kikukawa of Olympus declared it–The philosophy of film camera “PEN” is succeeded to. To externals different from the mockup
Olympus announces the MicroFourThirds machine that becomes the first in this company on June 15th. The sale is the first week of July. Olympus is disclosing the content of the results briefing concerning the period on March, 2009 to Web with the voice file, and Kikukawa president is clarifying it in that.
The MicroFourThirds machine to release is considered to be the model that reference exhibited a mockup at in Photo Imaging Expo 2009 (PIE2009). Â It announced release of summer, 2009 previously in PMA09. In addition, it is said that the appearance considerably changes because the model that exhibited in PIE2009 is not an end product.
It was introduced with a camera with the philosophy of the “PEN” by the briefing session. The new camera is with the model that succeeded to the concept of half-size camera “PEN”.
Mr. Kikukawa explained as follows. “The users of the compact digital camera, a little over 30% want to use the DSLR. However, do not make step-up to the DSLR by the reason of a price, size, weight, difficulty of the operation. I make these users a target in the future. I will plan the revival of the picture business in future by making efforts in the MicroFourThirds system”