Their sentences in short:
– surprised by the smallness of their size, both length and diameter (but it becomes very long when you are at 9mm)
– fast autofocus (compared with older Olympus MFT lenses)
– 9 mm shows a significant distortion
– best results working with an aperture of f/8
– almost no vignetting
– moderate CA (Chromatic aberration)
Worldwide shipping starts on April 23!
Imaging Resource posted the new Olympus E-P2 review.
A new Olympus E-PL1 review is available on Letsgodigital
Forum Olympus France tested the new Olympus E-PL1 (google english translation)
The german website Dkamera tested both the Olympus E-PL1 (google english translation) and the Panasonic GF1 (google english translation)
As you know Samyang just launched three Samyang lenses for FourThirds mount. Lenstip posted some image samples of that lens. And more image samples are available here at canon-board.info
DSLRmagazine (click here to read the google english translation) analyzed the new Olympus 9-18mm and 14-150mm lenses. They have a lot of interesting information. An example? I didn’t know the Zuiko 9-18 mm lens focusing is performed through the movement of only a lens. This offers the advantage of minimal inertia of acceleration and braking.
According to dpreview the image quality of the Olympus 9-18mm lens is more or less on par with that of the Panasonic 7-14mm. The Olympus lens costs and weights less but the Panasonic lens has a better build quality, a wider angle and constant f/4 aperture.
– The Samsung 30mm pancake is almost as good as the Panasonic 20mm
– Samsung NX10 and Panasonic GF1 jpeg comparison shows that the GF1 has the “lightest anti-aliasing filter“.
– In RAW the GF1 is “slightly out-resolving the Samsung”
– Overall score is the same as the GF1 (Click here to read the GF1 dpreview conclusions: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/PanasonicGF1/page33.asp
Our friend Iker Morán just posted the new Panasonic G2 preview on Quesabesde (google english translation). They hade a pre-production model so things can change a little bit. They also have some image samples available for download and videos.
– There is a small pointer included! Didn’t know that.
– The 14-42 mm lens shows an excellent autofocus performance when recording video sequences