The google english translation of the interview is really one of the worst we have ever seen. That’s why we post you the most interesting parts:
– “DMC-GF1 is sold out, DMC-GH1 had been a little short period of autumn. We might have a little too conservative production plan. ” -> In fact he is confessing that Panasonic didn’t produce enough Panasonic GF1.
– “…DMC-GF1 White sold more than expected.”
– When asked about the Samsung NX he says “APS-C size sensor is not greater than FourThirds sensor…If you balance the quality and compact body, the FourThirds sensor has its advantage.”
– Asked about future developments he said: “There will be small improvements rather than radical innovations…I think it’s important we continue to be based on improving existing models.” -> Panasonic is not working on a fixed-lens compact camera with FourThirds sensor.
– What are the future key-developments? “Never be satisfied with the status quo. We will improve the quality of the viewfinder, AF speed…the advancement of LSI technology, including the evolution of devices and elements used in LCD panels…”
Amazon US: Panasonic GH1 Camera with 14-140mm Lens for $1,288.00!
Pixmania España: Panasonic GF1 por 787 €!!! (-12%)