I am always keeping an eye on what “jieying-usa” is doing. He is continually making new crazy reworked Lenses and adapters for Micro Four Thirds. As you knwo we don’t have any weather sealed Micro Four Thirds camera or lens. Jieying found the “solution” :)
He created a new Nikonos to Micro Four Thirds adapter: “Nikonos lens were made for Nikonos underwater use, now I made adapters on M4/3 or NEX camera, it looks very funny and I wrap a plastic bag, although you can’t use underwater but you can use on the beach, swimming poor, also in raining days. Lens removable, so you may use other Nikonos lenses on this adapter.”
There are a few new info about the Fuji X100. Why do we care about Fuji? Many 43rumors reader demonstrated their interest for that camera. That’s why I am going to aks you what kind of aspect/feature you would love to see to be “copied” by Olympus/Panasonic. But first the news (via Fuji):
– The X100 offers three focusing options, selected by a switch on the left hand side of the body.
– The X100 has a dedicated RAW button
– In standard form, the planned ISO range is from 200 to 6400, but this can be expanded to include 100 and 12800.
– Autofocus points will be visible in the viewfinder. The autofocus points are also user-selectable, making it easier for photographers to focus on off-centre subjects without having to resort to the focus lock facility.
– HD video output is 1280 x 720 pixels at 24 frames per second with stereo sound recording. Aperture Priority AE can be used whilst shooting movies.
– The camera retain its existing settings when it’s turned off
– You can turn the LCD off.
– The shutter lag is 0.01 sec
– PROVIA, Velvia, ASTIA and mono chrome pictures will be able to be achieved with filter effects.
– It is not wheater sealed and has no built-in or in lens stabilization.
– There is an switchable integral ND filter.
– Price is still to be confirmed.
And here the poll. Let Panasonic and Olympus know what you like from the X100
And a warning for US customers that wants to buy the GH2 at “The Price Pros“: “I ordered a GH2 from amazon after seeing your post on December 9th. The camera was being sold through a amazon partner store called “The Price Pros”. The Price Pros sent a confirmation email and charged my credit card, but then can cancelled the order late last night saying it was “damaged in shipping”. However, after speaking with them on the phone, they clearly never had the GH2 to begin with. I asked them what happened to the other GH2 they sold and they said that that was also damaged in shipping.
I’m sending you this email so that if the GH2 shows up on amazon again and it’s being sold by The Price Pros you might want to add a buyer beware disclaimer or maybe not report on it what so ever. I should be getting refunded for my order, but the bad part is, after I got the order confirmation from The Price Pros, I cancelled my pre-order for the GH2 from Amazon which I placed weeks ago. Just want to help other 4/3 users and 43rumors readers so that they are not scammed like I was.”
The Gh2 (with Firmware version 0.2) had the AF-Tracking feature in movie mode enabled. But according to a german GH2 owner that feature has been removed with the official firmware 1.0. He had a talk with a Panasonic representative: “The good news is, that I got a call from the Panasonic manager who I talked to yesterday. The bad news is, that has confirmed information from Japan, that this feature has been taken out of Firmware 1.0.”
Meanwhile Philip Bloom updated his “Which… Video DSLR to buy?” post and added the GH2 which he highly recommends: “So all in all a big improvement over the Gh1 but PLEASE we NEEED 25p!!!!! If 25p is irrelevant to you this is simply one of the best “DSLRs” on the market for shooting video. The stills mode is pretty good too!”
Now let’s make a short GH2 in Stock status (as usual feel free to add your links to help other 43rumors readers to get the GH2 as soon as possible!):
In three days we saw two third party retailers selling the GH2 via Amazon (Click here). So keep checking. You might be lucky!
Other stores like Samys, Simplyelectronics sold out their (very few) GH2 cameras.
P.S.: At least the new Panasonic 100-300mm for $599 at Amazon (Click here)
Panasonic announced a new firmware for the Panasonic 14-140mm lens. The new FW improves the stability of O.I.S.(Optical Image Stabilizer) and AF(Auto Focus) in movie recording. According to a first 43rumors user report the “OIS does seem to be more efficient at the long focal length“.