Vitaly (the GH1/Gh2) hacker add a list of possible new Panasonic GH2 features that would be nice to be added with the future hack or by Panasonic via firmware upgrade (Source: GH1-hack):
- Complete syncronization after remote shutter press in both stills and video (this allows to build cheap 3D rig using two GH2 bodies).
- 23.8Mbps in all modes available
- 720p encoder improved with B frames.
- In camera 2.39 (1920×805) and 2.0 aspect ratio (1920×960)
- 1080p60 (most probably it is impossible).
- 1080p25, 1080p30.
- v720p24, 720p25, 720p30
- 1:1, 1.2:1, 4:3, 1.37:1, 1.59:1 and 21:9 aspect ratios.
- More variable frame rate options.
- Ability to use wheel with Fn key to adjust frame rate during recording.
- Spanning of files (unlimited recording time)
- 50(SH)/75Mbps(SSH) modes
- 422 color mode
- 1080p24 mode
- 720p24, 720p50, 720p60
- 4K 30-40fps mode (with higher compression at about 75Mbps).
- PAL/NTSC switchable
- Ability to select any language .
- Shortcuts with modifier (Fn key + any other key allow to call any function).
- Saving/Restoring of all user settings up to 10 slots on SD card.
- Proper 59,94 mode for HDMI output for 60i (or special 60i sensor mode if selectable in menu).
- Proper 24p output.
- Audio enabled (doubled in USB/av in analog form).
- 720p and ETC enabled.
- Ability to setup My menu to exact user needs.
- Banding fix (if possible)
- Unlimited bulb mode
- Improved bracketing capabilities (whole pictures using one shutter press, more bracketing options, etc)
- AF-Tracking working in video mode
- Predefined AF zones
- Audio meter visible during playback
- vShooting information visible during video playback (requires metadata to be added to video files).
- Safe zones markings.
- Video streaming over USB to PC (up to 120Mbps).
- Tethering for stills via USB.
- Zebras selectable level (60-70-75-80-85-90-95-100 IRE).
- Focus assist in video mode (peaking or center zoom to 1:1 mode).
- More contrast options (to preserve highilights or shadows).
Amazing if that would be possible!