We receive many mails from people saying that they “know” something. In the past we were able to classify our Olympus sources and now we know how to deal with this sources. The same process is now ongoing with Panasonic rumor sources and only time will tell us who has been right with their “predictions”
In the particular case of the LX3 successor and Pansonic MFT rumors we are having some troubles.
That’s why I want to share you the pattern we have so may you can help us to understand what’s happeningÂ
We asked our sources:
1) Will Panasonic cannounce a new camera in August?
2) Is it the LX3 successor or the new compact MFT camera or something else?
Known sources answered:
1) I don’t know it. But IÂ believe they will release something.
2) It is very likely that we are NOT going to see the LX3 successor. Panasonic is working on a MFT camera but I do not know if they will announce the camera in August-September
1) I am sure Panasonic will release a camera
2) I “believe” it will be the MFT camera (At first he thought it will be the LX3 successor but he changed his mind yet!)
1) I give 80% chance that Panasonic will announce a new camera…
2) …but I am not sure if it will be the LX3 successor or the MFT camera
1) It is likely that Panasonic will announce something soon…
2) …but I believe the LX3 successor will not be released before 2010.
New sources (which I give some minimum credibility):
1) I know the next camera will be unveiled in Q3-Q4
2) It will be the LX3 successor
1) There will be only Panasonic compact cameras
2) No LX3 successor until 2010. May they will “pre-announce” the MFT camera
Fact is Panasonic always told us that the LX3 successor will not come before 2010. But as you know this doesn’t mean anything. They continuely change their roadmap (see the 20mm f/1.7 lens that has been announced in 2008 and is still not on market)
What do you think?