Image on top: The current (and still amazing) Panasonic GH2
A dpreview reader said that USA Panasonic Customer Service is now confirming that the GH3 will be here within weeks. The press announcement should be made around January 10 at the CES show in Las Vegas. I ask my US readers if they can try to call Panasonic and see if they really are sharing that info. I would be really surprised if they really do that!!! That’s why the rumor has the FT2 value only.
What’s 100% sure is that the new Panasonic high end X lenses are coming soon (Janaury-February). Those will be lenses with constant aperture (f/2.8 or faster). I am still crossing my fingers to have them as fast as the 14-35mm f/2.0 (here on ebay) and the 35-100mm f/2.0 (here on ebay) Zuiko lenses. And I know these lenses are weather sealed so like Olympus also Panasonic has to release a weather sealed camera. Time for the GH3???
Rumors classification explained (FT= FourThirds): FT1=1-20% chance the rumor is correct FT2=21-40% chance the rumor is correct FT3=41-60% chance the rumor is correct FT4=61-80% chance the rumor is correct FT5=81-99% chance the rumor is correct
That’s just my guess guys but look at what’s going on. Amazon itself is no more selling the Olympus E-P3 (Click here to check). There are only a couple of cameras sold by third party resellers. And in other stores like Adorama (Click here) and BHphoto (Click here), the other white and silver kits are out of Stock. USA stores are usually very quick in selling out their camera stocks before the new announcements. So this might be a sign that the new Olympus camera with integrated viewfinder will replace the E-P3? I repeat I am still not 100% sure this is Olympus real plan. In my opinion Olympus should reduce and simplify the product strategy. E-P1, E-P2, E-P3, E-PL1, E-PL2, E-PL3, E-PM1. Olympus those are to many cameras with most of the times to small differences between each other. I would do something like that. An entry level m43 camera (like the E-Pm1 but smaller), a more advanced PEN (Sort of E-P3 with the tilting screen from E-PL3) and a semi pro model with integrated viewfinder. What do you think?
Exactly on Midnight SLRmagic officially announced their new top quality Hyper Prime 50mm f/0.95 Cine M-mount Cine lens. Even if it’s not a native Micro Four Thirds lens you can use it via M to m43 adapter (Click here to see them on eBay). Unlike the Noktor this is a high quality lens made specially for people looking for superb bokeh. It’s actually five times cheaper than the Leica Noctilux 50mm f/0.95 and we have been told that it will have almost the same image quality (of course we have to see real tests to see if they are claiming the truth). Our friend Seb Farges tested the new lens on the Panasonic GH2. After the video you can read the full lens press release and specs.
NEW: THE SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 50mm T0.95
SLR Magic expands its M mount lineup with a new normal focal length lens
Hong Kong, China (January 1, 2012) – SLR Magic opens up the M mount lens lineup with the new SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 50mm T0.95 ultra fast normal focal length lens. The world’s fastest interchangeable camera lens with an image circle beyond full frame coverage in its focal length, the SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 50mm T0.95 concept lens will be publicly available for experience testing in September 2012 at Photokina in Cologne, Germany.
The field of view of this new HyperPrime Lens corresponds to a 50mm lens in 35mm format. It is optimized to be shot wide open. This ultra fast normal focal length prime lens opens up many new creative composition opportunities, particularly in the fields of available light, in portrait, and street cinematography. Built with modern non aspherical lens technology, the lens excels at defocusing busy backgrounds at T0.95. A minimum focus distance of 0.70m allows for artistic bokeh effect. A fast maximum aperture of T0.95 makes the SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 50mm T0.95 ideal for available-light photography.
Our highest priority in the development of all HyperPrime lenses is to fulfill the demands of professional cinematographers and photographers. The design and build of the SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 50mm T0.95 is solid and reliable.
The SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 50mm T0.95, a concept lens, will be available from authorized SLR Magic dealers by the end of September 2012.
SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 50mm T0.95
Lens Type: Fast normal lens with seven Tantalum glass elements to ensure superior cinematic performance.
Compatible Cameras: All RangeFinder M mount, LM mount for cinematography, E-mount, and micro four thirds cameras
Optical Design: 12 elements in 7 groups
Distance range: 0.70m to ∞, combined scale meter/feet
Aperture: Manually controlled diaphragm, 12 aperture blades (circular), Lowest value 16
Bayonet: M-mount, E-mount, micro four thirds
Filter Mount: 62mm; filter mount does not rotate.
Surface Finish: Black anodized
Length to bayonet mount: approx. 95mm (approx. 3.74in) without hood approx. 110mm (approx. 4.33in) with retractable hood
Largest diameter: approx. 73mm (approx. 2.87in)
Weight: approx. 975g (approx. 34.39oz)
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is stored in a temporary location on your computer to allow our website to distinguish you from other users of the website.
If you don't want to accept cookies, you'll still be able to browse the site and use it for research purposes. Most web browsers have cookies enabled, but at the bottom of this page you can see how to disable cookies. Please note that cookies can't harm your computer. We don't store personally identifiable information in the cookies, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allow us to improve our site.
You can watch a simple video from Google to find more information about cookies.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. Please note however that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
For information about how to disable cookies in your browser please visit the About Cookies website.