Image on top shows the current VF-2 viewfinder (around $279.95).
Olympus will not only announce three new cameras and two new lenses, there will be also two new accessories:
1) A new Flash that will be positioned a bit lower than the current FL-36 flash. UPDATE: The flash will be called FL-300R.
2) A new Olympus external electronic viewfinder which is cheaper than the current VF-2 viewfinder (around $279.95).
I have no specs about both products. That’s why I don’t knwo if the new viewfinder will have the same VF-2 quality or not. But a cheaper alternative is very welcome!
Yesterday we reported that BHphoto was offering a $500 trade in for the Panasonic GF2. But as our user noticed the maximum amount you could get in reality was $350. BHphoto made an unintentional mistake and sent us the following text:
“We’re sorry for having caused any disappointment or dissatisfaction. B&H enjoys a 35+ year history of unimpeachable ethical integrity and certainly would not endanger that over any one lens.
I want to thank Henry (and BH) for reacting so quickly. Mistakes do happen! You can see the correct trade in program at BHphoto (Click here).
Here is the list of the latest US deals:
– Back again, Fuji X100 preorders on Amazon (Click here). And it’s still hard to find it in Stock “This item is in high demand and supplies from the manufacturer are limited”
– There is one Four Thirds (I repeat Four Thirds! Not m43!) 25mm f/1.4 lens in Stock at Amazon (Click here) for $957.14 only ($140 discount).
– Panasonic 20mm lens is in Stock at Adorama (Click here) has them in Stock for the normal price, $399.
– The Olympus XZ-1 is in Stock for $453.88 at Amazon (Click here).
Before to go on with more new Olympus rumors I want to remindert you what’s going on with the competition:
1) Tomorrow Pentax will announce the new NC-1 mirrorless system with small 1:2.33 inch sensor. You can follow the announcement live on MirrorlessRumors (Click here) at 13:00 Tokyo time! The camera is very tiny almost like the old film Auto 110 system (Click here ot see that on ebay). It’s very important for you to know that Pentax will launch a second “k-system” in autumn (with APS-C) sensor. It’s very likely that they will use the current Sony NEX sensors.
2) Leica will announce a mirrorless system at Photokina 2012. It will use a built-in EVF instead of a rangefinder sytem a là Leica M9 (Click here to see that camera). There are no specs now, but I guess it will be a very expensive system 😉
3) Sony delayed the new NEX Pro and lens announcement form July to late August. Pity that Sony doesn’t offer any decent lens for their NEX users!
4) Samsung will announce the NX-200 and NX-20 with 18 Megapixel sensor in July. And there will be also a nice 85mm f/1.4 lens (Source: MirrorlessRumors.com)
As you cansee, there is nothing to come from Canon and Nikon. They don’t want to cannibalize their entry level DSLR market. But how long can they play that game?