The new edition of the japanese Camera Style Magazine leaks the new Olympus E-5. You can pre-order the magazine (due to release on the 17th Sept) at Amazon Japan. Click on the Magazine cover picture to enlarge it and the E-5 appears on the top right. The subtitle says: “The pursue for the highest picture quality, E-5 the most advanced/best camera from Olympus“.
UPDATE: According to the Panasonic-Broadcast press release they have implemented variable frame rate inside the AVCHD function! Read: “variable frame rates available in 1080p, selectable in 20 steps from 12p to 60p at 60Hz and 20 steps from 12p to 50p at 50Hz. Playback is available at 1080/24p, 1080/25p or 1080/30p. Playback at 1080/60p and 1080/50p are not available on this product.”
Panasonic has introduced at IBC a further production stage of the MicroFourThirds HD Camcorders AG-AF101 (which is the European model of the AF100). 70% of the camera development is completed. According to Panasonic the price will be 5.830€ for Europe (VAT included and body only). Whether this is also a lens is to be understood, is not yet clear.
The good news is that it will have:
– variable frame rates up to 1080/60p
– 2.35:1 frame markings in the viewfinder
– simultaneous HDMI and HD-SDI output
– sync timecode through LTC
– LCD will actually be better than the one on the HPX370
– In addition, the camera body is held in modular parts for various enhancements (Example: You can remove the handgrip)
You can get in touch with Barry Green (Panasonic) at DVXuser-forum. And he said: “This prototype isn’t finished yet, so I can’t say some things definitively, but I can say this – I’m done with shooting on DSLRs. This thing is the bomb.” … “As for images – well, imagine a fully-hacked, fully-improved GH13 with better sensitivity and without the aliasing or low-light banding, and that’s a good start. It crushes the 7D/5D for clarity and detail, and I shot brick buildings at every possible zoom setting, and there just isn’t any rainbow moire.”
The NEX-VG10 Full HD Interchangeable Lens Camcorder (which has a price of $1999) is placed in a different category. Much cheaper but also less features…
It’s time for a rumors recap! All those rumors are from our reliable sources so there is an 80-90% chance those rumors will prove out true!
1) Panasonic will announce new products on September 21
2) Following products will be unveiled:
– 14mm (f/2.5?)
– 3D lens
3) The GH2 has a new 18Megapixels multi-scale sensor (16 effective Megapixels) -> Click here to read more
3) The compact GF2 will be unveiled few months after Photokina (December-February) ->Click here to read more
4) There will be a new lens roadmap that will include the fast lenses we were talking about since months (faster than f/1.4!)
Is that everything we are going to see at Photokina? Don’t believe that! What I can tell you is that I received tons of rumors about the following stuff:
1) Olympus new camera system (modular, super43 sensor, Kodak and more). Maybe Olympus will talk about that at Photokina…
2) Panasonic new technology (?)
3) One more company could release MFT products soon (and we will give you more news about that soon!)
A personal note: Talking with my sources I got the feeling that there is much more to come than just the GH2 and E-5. Don’t know if there will be other real products but my bet is that there will be some unexpected BIG news coming from both companies!
Howard Hall III, Taipei Horward Hotel (one of the very prestigious hotel in Taipei)
2:00~2:50 pm. New Camera Body Fucntion & Specification Introduction, Q&A TIme
Marketing Support Group
Marketing Support Dept.
Mr. Ogasawara (Google translated name) here to present
2:50~3:30 pm E1/E3 Sharing Experiences
Presented by Olddo & Simon
3:40~4:30 pm New Camera Body Hand-On Experience“
Some days ago I received that crop from a supposed “Olympus E-5″ camera. I thought that image was fake because it looks exactly like the older Olympus E-3. But two of my sources told me this is the real E-5 image! The trusted sources also sent me the camera specs.
– Weather-proof (Magnesium) body
– 12.1Megapixel sensor (We don’t know yet if it is the same Olympus PEN sensor!)
– ISO 100 – 6400 in 1/3 or 1 EV steps
– AVI Motion JPEG(30fps) HD (720)
– it can take a picture with sound.
– mono mic with stereo external microphone input
– 3 inch LCD with 920.000 dots resolution
– 11 points full-twin cross AF sensor (phase-difference detection system)
– 11 area multiple AF (contrast detection system)
– CF and SD dual slot
– Built-in wireless flash
The E-5 should be announced on September 14.
Reminder: That is what one of our sources told us a few weeks ago about the E-5: “Oh, will like to let you know that I have seen the new Olympus pro dSLR, the E-5, already. It’s a solid, wicked piece of camera that’s weather sealed just like the Olympus E-3. And, it will be announced prior to Photokina. I don’t have other specs on it, except i have tried it and the focusing is really fast. It still uses a 4/3 lens mount. From what i know, it will support HD video recording as well. The top control panel remains largely the same, and it will also have a flip and swivel screen like the E-3. Oh, the sensor resolution is still 12 megapixels, and it will compete against the 7D. Not sure if the megapixels will play a major role here as well. But olympus is hoping that it’s Zuiko lens can outdo Nikon and Canon. Early samples of photos taken with the E-5 shows that the picture quality is almost on par with the D300s and 7D.“
Disclaimer: 43Rumors has no affiliation with any of the equipment manufacturers mentioned on this site. Please visit their official websites by typing the specific brand name and adding .com after it in your browser. All trademarks and brands belong to their respective owners.
Here is the definition of the word “rumor” according to Merriam Webster dictionary:
Etymology: Middle English rumour, from Anglo-French, from Latin rumor clamor, gossip; akin to Old English rēon to lament, Sanskrit rauti he roars
Date: 14th century
1: talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source
2: a statement or report current without known authority for its truth
3 archaic : talk or report of a notable person or event
If you want to use any image from this website you have to ask for permission. You cannot copy more than 20 words from any of our posts. And you have to define the source with "Source: 43rumors.com" (working link).
Advertise on 43rumors
Contact Mr. Jeff Lalier to advertise on 43rumors:
Click on the Share button below to write the message!
Name and email are NOT required so you can stay anonymous. Also the IP-address will not be submitted to us. Use Imageshack to share pictures (anonymously).