Two weeks ago the Chinese company “Ownuser” announced a battery grip for all Panasonic Micro Four Thirds cameras except the GF1/GF2.They made 1.500 battery grips you can now buy on eBay (Click here).
Those are the specs (there are different type of battery grips):
1) tripod 1/4 20 screw thread
2) External Shutter release input
3) External AC power input
4) Camera shutter release output
5) screw of the tripod thread
6) hand grip
7) tripod mount
8 ) Left battery cover
9) Right battery cover
10) battery to camera
11) battery contact
14) on/off button
volume: about 12.6cmX6.2cmX3.9cm
Compact, convenient, good build, comfortable for portrait
3 type of battery input for convenience:
1) two Lithium batteries
2) AA Battery (6A/8A)
3) External AC power input
1500 units produced globally, unique for personal style
MINI-IR 2B overview
1) IR output
6) 10s self portrait
The camera with Mini-RHS 2
1) volume is smaller than the DX-RHS2 by 70%. Lighter and more convenient.
2) channel lock to protect interference from other sources
3) timer alarm for accurate dusk/twilight photography
4) Can used together with DX-51R 2 & Mini IR 2
5) Attached to the hot shoe on the camera, e.g. Minolta, Sony Alpha 100.
6) 360 degree rotation ability: can be used together with on camera flash
7) 2XAAA battery
Mini IR 2B
for amateur, indoor photography
channel can be locked to prevent interference
1) 5 key control, simple and clear, perfect fit
2) Focus and shot seperately
3) Bulb / 10s self portrait
Mini-IR 2B basic function
A. Channel lock (must choose the channel first, then lock the channel to prevent interference) (After the first settings, it is automatically saved for future use)
1) press for 5 seconds, red/green light lights alternatively and a beep three times.
2) press the shot button on MINI IR2B, it is finished after the beep
3) press the channel lock once again to complete
B. 4 main functions (IR function will consume battery life. Please shut down when it is not in use)
Focus is separate from shutter to prevent delay. Focus can be set as AE-L or AF-L.
LIVE VIEW shot
Single button control without menu
typical camera need to go into the menu for self-portrait, not so convenient
a physical 10s self portrait button is more convenient
in operation, autofocus green light will lights up first. red light flash once per second, continuous red light in last three seconds
(in the figure: autofocus indicator (green), and red light)
Bulb shutter can be used
bulb shutter has a function to prevent false alarm. only after focus, bulb shutter can be activated. Only can be used to end the bulb.
support longest bulb for 10 hours
dusk/twilight night astro
Rhythmic speaker supporting bulb
bulb has a function of beep per second. After activated bulb, use the control button to set speaker.
(In the figures:) control method: On-> OFF -> ON
press setting button once > ON
twice > OFF
again > ON
You can use one hand to control the remote and another hand to cover the camera at the right time.”
This is the website of the company with the battery grip page: http://www.ownuser.com.tw/mig_pg2.html
And here again the current Ownuser battery auctions on eBay (Click here).