It is not an Olympus or Panasonic news but I believe this news will be interesting for everyone who loves photography. I always liked Rollei cameras! Few months ago the Franke & Heidecke GmbH (the producer of the Rollei cameras and lenses) declared the insolvency. Now a new company, the DHW Photo GmbH wants to resurrect the camera production!
According to available information, the DHW will resume production on an area of 2000 square meters, spread over three floors, with 20 coworkers.
That’s good news!
I wish you good luck!
We received two new mails from new sources. Both messages do say that Panasonic will launch a new MicroFourThirds camera in February. It is very likely that the include("buy/gh1.php"); ?> is going to be “upgraded”. Also a new generation of Panasonic sensors should be used for the camera.
(FT2) It is rumored that the camera will be the “GH5″ and use a new 12 Megapixel sensor. 24Mbit/s video compression should also be one of the upgraded features.
No specific details are available yet.
(FT4) What we already know is that on February Panasonic will launch new lenses!
UPDATE: The Olympus Zuiko 12-60mm lens gets a nice discount
- Olympus Zuiko 12-60mm f/2.8-4.0 Digital ED SWD Lens for $786.95. That’s over $100 less than the adorama price.
Other deals or important items in Stock are:
- The Panasonic LUMIX G 20mm f/1.7 Lens is always in Stock! Ships from and sold by Amazon.com for $399,95
- One single Panasonic 7-14mm f/4.0 Micro Four Thirds Lens for Panasonic Digital SLR Cameras is in Stock! Ships from and sold by OneCall (you have to pay $100 more than the normal amazon price.
- Also One Panasonic 14-140mm f/4.0-5.8 Lens is in Stock.
- Panasonic 45-200mm f/4.0-5.6 Lens
- You get $62.14 discount on the Olympus E-P1 Camera with 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens (Silver Body/Black Lens). Price $737.85!
- The Panasonic GF1 Camera with 14-45mm Lens is in Stock with normal human price ($899,95)
P.S.: Forget to buy the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 12.1MP Micro Four-Thirds Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with LUMIX G 20mm f/1.7 Aspherical Lens it cost you $1,199.95!!!
We closed our poll. We had over 2.100 unique voters. Every person had three votes. 29% of the voters came from US, 34% from Europe, 23% from Japan and 14% from other regions.
What do we learn from the poll results?
1) It came with no surprises that people needs prime lenses (and possibly fast lenses!). Almost half of the voters voted for it!
2) The first surprise came on position three: 28% of the voters wants a camera with built-in electronic viewfinder (rangefinder look!)
3) 26% of the voters wants Olympus and Panasonic to continue the “classic” FourThirds line development. And many people (26%) is wants a High-End camera model that includes all the best features (wheatersealed body, fast autofocus and all the gimmics you need inside a High-End model).
Duarte (a 43rumors reader) added the following conclusion “The interesting issue here is that both of these groups are probably 4/3 hardcore users. The conclusion is that half of them are on jump ship mode (4/3 -> m4/3).”
4) “Only” 14% needs a fullframe camera.
Feel free to add your considerations! Comment this post!
P.S.: I voted for my “monochrome sensor camera” option, and only 2% voted for my idea
The final results are here: