Olympus at Photokina 2010: Concept Camera Unveiled
Focus Numerique (google english translation) interviewed Yoshiyuki Ôyama from Olympus. Not really an interesting Interview. Those are the most interesting news:
– We will know more about the compact camera by first quarter 2011. It will have a larger sensor than the usual compact cameras but without reaching a size of 4/3 sensor.
– MicroFourThirds will replace the low-end Olympus DSLR
– Olympus will not join the 3D-hype for now: “It’s to early”
E-P1 + Pentax cctv 25mm f/1.4 Snap Shots (Dpreview forum)
Olympus E-5 image samples at Four-Thirds.cn (chinese)
Panasonic LX5 Review at Photoxels
Video above: Panasonic explains the GH2 at Photokina.
Unwire Hong Kong (click here) has two new Panasonic GH2 image samples taken at 1.600 and 3.200 ISO. Those are taken with a pre-production camera but to me the image quality looks really good!
The russian forum “Olympus Our life” posted the first Olympus E-5 review! The test is very detailed with all kind of ISO and sharpness comparison. We have to put our faith in hands of google translation tool to understand the text
More nice E-5 Image samples have been posted here at SmugSmug.
P.S.: Preorder the Olympus E-5 at Amazon.com (Click here)
And here a new Photokina video interview with Toshi Terada of Olympus (via noisycamera)
BHphoto and Adorama are closed because of the the Sukkot Holiday. But Amazon is offering some very good MicroFourThirds deal. We reported some of them the last days but there is more than we expected:
1) The Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 lens is in Stock for $336.95 at Amazon (Click here).
2) The Panasonic GF1 + 20mm lens deal is still ongoing. You can have it for $674.95 at Amazon (Click here). That’s a nice $50 price drop!
3) The Olympus E-PL1 is also available for a very good price. $513.46 for the Black or the Blue model atAmazon (Click here).
4) The Olympus 9-18mm lens is in Stock for $591.99 at Amazon (Click here). That’s $107 less than the “normal” price.
5) The Panasonic 45-200mm is in Stock for $265.00 at Amazon (Click here)