In an interview with Amateur Photographer Panasonic UK product manager John Mitchell confirmed that the 25mm lens is coming this summer: “We are sure it’s going to be a great hit because it’s 50mm [35mm viewing angle] equivalent – really fast, really bright”
What we don’t know yet is if the 25mm lens is going to be announced along the Panasonic G3 on late March/early April and be available in summer or if the announcement itself will be in made this summer.
What we know about that lens:
– It has double the size of the 20mm f/1.7 pancake
– Unlike the Four Thirds Panasonic/Leica 25mm f/1.4 lens it is not Leica branded
– It has no OIS.
– It should cost around $700.
– 25mm f/1.4 Four Thirds lens at Amazon, Adorama, B&H, J&R, eBay.
– 20mm f/1.7 at Amazon, Adorama, B&H, J&R, eBay.
– 8mm fisheye at Amazon, Adorama, B&H, J&R, eBay.
– 45mm f/2.8 at Amazon, Adorama, B&H, J&R, eBay.