One of my favorite websites CameraLabs (Click here) posted a final review of the new Panasonic G3. You can find plenty of video you can download in full resolution and image samples and comparisons. And it’s good to hear that they quite enjoy the G3: “The Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 is one of the most satisfying and enjoyable cameras I’ve used.“…”I genuinely believe many people who are shopping for their first DSLR would be better-served by something like the Lumix G3. “…”And last but by no means least, the image and video quality is right up there with the best APS-C DSLRs.”
Here are the first pictures of the upcoming new Olympus E-P3 with 12mm f/2.0 lens attached! As you see the E-P3 is very similar to the Olympus E-P2. The main difference is the new built-in flash. We have been told the 12mm lens has a focus ring you can pull in a different position to allow manual focusing. Once pulled the focus ring on manual position you will see the distance scale! Cool!!! And as you see the new 12mm f/2.0 lens has almost the length of the Panasonic 45mm macro.
Those are the full E-P3 specs:
– It has the new Olympus “tweaked” 12 Megapixel Sensor
– Truepic VI engine (two processor in one)
– ISO 100 to 12.800
– 1080i 60frs AVCHD or JPEG video
– 35 point autofocus
– OLED touch Display (610k resolution). Sounds like it is almost the same screen used for the Olympus XZ-1.
– pop up live guide
– dual dials
– fastest AF to date for any mirrorless cam (and I have been told that it is considerably faster that the Panasonic GH2!).
– updated art filters
– effects to combine with art filters (like starlight)
– 3D still images
– built-in Eye-Fi support for controlling the Eye-Fi cards (Click here to see the cards on eBay)
– Interchangeable grip. I have been told there are two different grips you can buy (and more will come after).
– Design changes: The top dial is now placed instead of the ON/OFF button of the E-P2. To make room for the built-in flash. There is a video recording button over the AEL button.
And now a couple of confirmations:
1) A couple of sources confirmed that the 40-150 II R is coming too.
2) Sources are now certain the sensor is designed by Olympus (and produced by Panasonic). Olympus goal was to improve the dynamic range, color fidelity and autofocus speed.
3) New and known soruces keep saying AF speed is amazing
There is a Panasonic G3 review at CNET (Click here): “If you’re looking for a camera that’s not quite as big as a dSLR but doesn’t skimp on hardware controls or features like an articulated LCD, EVF and stereo full HD video, the G3 is one of my favorite options. But performance is hit-and-miss for shooting action, so you may end up having to go with something just a bit bigger, anyway.”
Check if the new G3 is in Stock by clicking those direct search links: Amazon, Adorama, B&H, eBay.
The Panasonic 20mm is back in Stock and discounted at Amazon (Click here). It is also in Stock at Bhphoto (Click here) for $399. And a really funny history is happening with the Olympus XZ-1. Every day sicne one week you see price drops on the Olympus XZ-1 on Amazon (Click here). It now gets sold for $420 (yesterday $424).
Disclaimer: 43Rumors has no affiliation with any of the equipment manufacturers mentioned on this site. Please visit their official websites by typing the specific brand name and adding .com after it in your browser. All trademarks and brands belong to their respective owners.
Here is the definition of the word “rumor” according to Merriam Webster dictionary:
Etymology: Middle English rumour, from Anglo-French, from Latin rumor clamor, gossip; akin to Old English rēon to lament, Sanskrit rauti he roars
Date: 14th century
1: talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source
2: a statement or report current without known authority for its truth
3 archaic : talk or report of a notable person or event
If you want to use any image from this website you have to ask for permission. You cannot copy more than 20 words from any of our posts. And you have to define the source with "Source: 43rumors.com" (working link).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Advertise on 43rumors
Contact Mr. Jeff Lalier to advertise on 43rumors:
Click on the Share button below to write the message!
Name and email are NOT required so you can stay anonymous. Also the IP-address will not be submitted to us. Use Imageshack to share pictures (anonymously).