Good news! Today (As Panasonic has “promised”) the GH2 is in Stock in Japan (at Amazon.jp)! We also know that Panasonic is shipping the first GH2 stocks in Europe and US and first lucky buyer will receive the camera by mid November. Also the new lenses should be in Stock soon! One more news: The russian website rwpbb.ru tested the 3D quality of the new Panasonic GH2 + 12.5mm 3D lens.
Engdget just spotted the new Olympus Bluetooth module at FCC: “Exactly what it does isn’t clear, but it looks to be a match for the accessory port below the hot shoe on Olympus’ PEN series cameras, which could open up a number of interesting possibilities — a geotagging GPS module, perhaps, or even a file transfer device?“
Dominic Papenheim and Claudia Baehr from Olympus talking to Megapixel.co.il in Photokina.co.il.
1) Starting from 00:41 they talk about the Olympus E-5.
2) At 04:00 the Interviewer ask if the E-5 can compete with Full Frame camera. The answer is that Full Frame and E-5 are on the same level.
3) At 05:00 the Interviewer ask about the auto-focus speed which is slow on the Olympus E-PL1 + 14-42mm kit compared to the Panasonic GF1. Olympus answer was that new lenses like the 9-18mm do have faster auto-focus than the kit-lens.
4) At 07:00 the Interviewer ask how the compact (not mirrorless) market will change in the next year. Olympus will introduce many new technologies (3D, WiFi, GPs and more).
5) At 09:35 Olympus says that especially female do like mirrorless cameras because they don’t want big cameras.
6) At 12:05 they talk about the lens road-map. Olympus doesn’t give any answer about possible future 3D lenses.
7) At 12:40 In Japan the mirrorless market share is 40%, in Europe 9% and in US 7-8%.
One more news: Olympus just updated the Olympus Viewer 2 to version 1.1 (Source: Olympus Japan)
A few months ago I posted a rumor about the Panasonic GP1. The rumor said the camera should be announced in November. I have no confirmation from our sources about such a camera but there are a few shows coming soon and I will try to find out if there could be a surprise annoucement by Panasonic (and of course Olympus).
Those were the rumored specs:
- The GP1 is a pro camera, weather sealed, all in metal
- 14 megapixels, 12 effective, all ratios, new BL Live MOS sensor
- Iso up to 6400, with true clean 3200 iso, Hi setting to 12800
- Touch screen like the shoplink 14834]Panasonic G2[/shoplink], New Venus HD III engine
- The design is like the G1 and G2, the EVF is better
- Video Full HD 60 frames at full resolution
- New feature is multi spot metering
- 6 FPS, and a new Pro Manual mode
I am repeating that since a long time. Panasonic give us a Micro Four Thirds camera which is built like a tank…like the Panasonic DMC-LC1! That’s an order
The japanese blog DC.watch.impress (Click here to read the google english translation) just posted a Panasonic 14mm f/2.5 minireview. There are many image samples and also one image comparison with the Panasonic 20mm lens. I don’t speak japanese and the google translation tool doesn’t do a good job here. I ask our japanese friends if they could the most important info by commenting this post.
From what I understand those are the key info:
- The lens is very sharp at f/4-f/5.6.
- Autofocus is also very fast.
- Vignetting is visible down to f/5.6.
- Some problems with with flare when shooting wide open.
Those are other image/video samples we already posted on 43rumors:
GH2 + 14mm f/2.5 slow motion test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfU5JxEov4o
Quesabesde GH2 + new Panasonic lens test.
Dpreview posted a new Panasonic GH2 14mm and f/2.5 lens samples gallery