Image on top shows the Panasonic 20mm pancake.
I got info from a source saying that Olympus will also launch a new 25mm f/1.8 lens along the new low-end OMD model that is going to be announced in late January-early February. He told me the lens is a tiny bit thicker than the current Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 lens and cheaper than the Leica 25mm f/1.4.
I hope more sources can tel me soon if the rumor is correct :)
For sources: Sources can send me anonymous info at firstname.lastname@example.org (create a fake gmail account) or via contact form you see on the right sidebar. Thanks!
For readers: Don’t miss any news. Join our group on facebook and follow our tweets.
Rumors classification explained (FT= FourThirds):
FT1=1-20% chance the rumor is correct
FT2=21-40% chance the rumor is correct
FT3=41-60% chance the rumor is correct
FT4=61-80% chance the rumor is correct
FT5=81-99% chance the rumor is correct
Keisuke Honda with the E-M1
A couple of days ago I told you that Panasonic hired famous Japanese actress Haruka Ayase to promote the GM1. Well, it looks like also Olympus has quite some money to spend! They hired Japanese Football Star Keisuke Honda to promote their Olympus E-M1 (Source: DC.watch). There is also a video on youtube showing him talking about the E-M1. But it’s Japanese and I do not understand a word. But can a Football Player really tell us something seriously interesting about the camera? :)
E-M1 Store Links:
Olympus E-M1 body at Amazon, Adorama and BHphoto, Amazon DE (via DL), Amazon UK (via DL), Amazon ES (via DL), WexUK, Topshot FI, CameraWorldUK.
Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO Lens at Amazon, Adorama, BHphoto, AmazonDE (viaDL), Amazon ES (via DL).
Olympus E-M1 with 12-40mm Lens kit at Amazon DE (via DL), WexUK and CameraWorldUK, Amazon UK (via DL), Amazon ES (via DL).
Olympus E-M1 with 12-50mm Lens kit at Amazon DE (via DL), WexUK, CameraWorldUK, Amazon UK (via DL), Amazon ES (via DL).
Olympus EP-13 Eyecup for E-M1 at Adorama and BHphoto.
Olympus HLD-7 Battery Grip for E-M1 at Amazon, Adorama and BHphoto.
Olympus LC-62D Metal Front Lens Cap for 12-40mm at Adorama and BHphoto.
Olympus LH-66 Lens Hood for 12-40mm at Adorama and BHphoto.
– One of the key are of that needs improvement is connectivity with smartphones.
– Yes, the compact camera market is shrinking but High magnification zoom compact cameras are still selling fine (read Panasonic FZ series).
– What’s changing now in the mirrorless interchangeable market is that we see a shift towards more pro products (read Sony A7-A7r). Initially mirrorless cameras were not sees as “professional” tools. Now that perception is changing.
– The key development areas to make better mirroless cameras are : Imaging processor, sensor and EVF.
– The GH3 is particularly popular among people who shoots videos.
– A GH with 4K is likely to come within 2014
In Summary: Guys, start saving your money for the GH 4K camera :)