Andrew Reid from EosHD just posted a new GH2 video you can download here: http://www.vimeo.com/15410936. It’s shot in 1080/50i and taken with a Panasonic GH2 prototype present at Photokina. Andrew also discovered some more iteresting things: “On the final day there I spotted a few more GH2 features. It now has an option in the menu for Continuous Preview which gives a what-you-see-is-what-you-get live view display in manual stills mode without having to switch to movie mode. A feature I wanted, and it seemed Panasonic realised was lacking on the GH1. Manual audio control allows us to adjust levels, which can only be a good thing – I also noticed that sound from the onboard mic seems much improved.Also Panasonic’s new press release confirms the presence of live HDMI out, simultaneously whilst recording video. It even goes as far as mentioning that this is for professional monitoring on sets. It does seem that they really are listening quite well to us filmmakers! I doubt it is an uncompressed output like on the AF100 with it’s HD-SDI output but I do know for what it’s worth that the GH2 has much improved HDMI output quality all round, without the same loss of fidelity and colour that the GH1′s had. The HDMI spec is now at V1.4 to support 3D as well.“
Meanwhile one for our readers (Joe) found that GH2 image samples on Flickr (Click here).
Photokina is over! It’s time to see what camera 43rumors readers did like. Take a look at efixemedia.de to see a nice Photokina picture gallery of the mentioned products. Choose between the Nikon D7000, Panasonic GH2, Fuji X100, Sigma SD1, Canon 60D, Olympus E-5, Sony A33/A55 and the Pentax K-5.
The new Panasonic G10 is now even cheaper then the older Panasonic G1!
Click here: Panasonic Lumix DMC-G10 with 14-42mm Lumix G Vario f/3.5-5.6 MEGA OIS Lens for $409.95 at Amazon.
1) The Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 lens is in Stock for $336.95 at Amazon (Click here).
2) The Panasonic GF1 + 20mm lens deal is still ongoing. You can have it for $674.95 at Amazon (Click here). That’s a nice $50 price drop!
3) The Olympus E-PL1 is also available for a very good price. $513.46 for the Black or the Blue model atAmazon (Click here).
4) The Olympus 9-18mm lens is in Stock for $591.99 at Amazon (Click here). That’s $107 less than the “normal” price.
5) The Panasonic 45-200mm is in Stock for $265.00 at Amazon (Click here)