As some of you know Facebook deleted our 43rumors account a while ago. I created a new Facebook 43rumors fanpage you can freely join (Click here). Today you have a good reason to join….read the last message! Yes, a surprise is coming very soon
Surprise! Rumors coming from good sources confirm that the upcoming new 12-35mm and 35-100mm X lenses will be weather sealed! About time Panasonic! The question now is. If Panasonic is going to announce weather sealed lenses will there be a weather sealed camera coming too? No current m43 cameras resist rain and dust. That’s why it’s easy to guess that in 2012 Panasonic will unveil the very first weather sealed cameras. What will it be? A new line of camera? The GH3? the GX3?
If you know something about the coming weather sealed camera feel free to send me an anonymous message by using the contact form on the right sidebar. Thanks!
Reminder: The new X lenses should be announced in January-February. They will have a bright constant aperture. Probably f/2.8 but I hope its’ f/2.0 like the 14-35mm f/2.0 and the 35-100mm f/2.0 Zuiko lenses.
Rumors classification explained (FT= FourThirds):
FT1=1-20% chance the rumor is correct
FT2=21-40% chance the rumor is correct
FT3=41-60% chance the rumor is correct
FT4=61-80% chance the rumor is correct
FT5=81-99% chance the rumor is correct
This is a post that contains emails from 43rumor readers. Here is the list:
1) Made a short film on the killer whales of the North Sea. Used the GH2 during gale force wind, upto 38 knots. GH2 and zuiko 12-60 and 35-100. Manual focus.
If you like it, nice to add it on your website for a break in between the rumors. The camera has some troubles since I used it, the salt wind, rain and sea water probably reached the electronic components. (but it was worth it) Here is the link. http://youtu.be/Cc2tNVrhAUA
Best Wishes, Melvin
2) I don’t know if its interesting for the gang or not but I recently shot some sample images with my G2 using the Novoflex adapter, a Canon FD 70-210/f4 and a Canon Extender FD 2x-B. You can find the sample under http://der-eigene-blickwinkel.blogspot.com/2011/11/samples-with-canon-fd-70-210f4-on.html
3) Fotofinlandia is THE premier photo contest in Finland. It is now organized every third year. I have some info on it at my site. The finalists were announced today. My series of images is one of those lucky 12. Your 43rumors readers might be interested to know that this series is shot with E-P2 and D.Zuiko 50mm f/2 Macro. I had another series among TOP 35. Same equipment. All in all there are some 8000 photographers who have right to participate. The finalists can be seen here: http://www.fotofinlandia.fi/ehdokkaat/
If you click on “KAIKKI EHDOKKAAT” you can see those 33 series (not 35) who were in semi-finals.
4) “Hi Sir, I am a member of 43rumors, I read everyday your articles, specially the Olympus ones because since I was a child I have been taking pictures with OM cameras and now with four thirds and micro fourthirds cameras. My dream will be working for Olympus one day :). I have submitted a picture to National Geographic taken with an Olympus E-1 and Zuiko Digital 14-54 lens. I wonder if you could publish an announcement of the picture in National Geographic taken with the OLYMPUS E-SYSTEM. Maybe people like it and can press I like it or write a comment. If I had a minimum chance to win, could you believe it? OLYMPUS in NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC! I really wish Michael Woodford can manage to get rid of this problem right now. I truly believe in MFT!!! It´s the future. Anyway I´ll understand if you can´t publish it.
David Irisarri Vila
5) I see alot of people have been asking how the new Leica 25mm lens serves as a portrait lens. I recently took some pictures that shows how wonderful its bokeh is, and I disagree with those who says it is not a good portrait lens. Anyway, if its something that might be worth sharing, feel free to do so:)
Cheers from Japan
Here’s the link to the pics btw: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nipponbasse/sets/72157628018874014/
6) Rise Up 2011 ABS 13 Bouldering Comp with GH2 and Leica 25mm on youtube.
7) SLR Magic HyperPrime 12mm f/1.6 Test (vimeo).
At least in USA some Micro Four Thirds cameras are now cheaper than high end compact cameras! The black GF2 with 14-42mm lens now sells for $299 at Amazon (Click here and than look on the right sidebar under “more buying choice”). That’s $68 less(!) than the Panasonic LX5. I know we are comparing apple with oranges. The LX5 fits in your pocket while the GF2 with 14-42mm will not. But at that price even the not so hot-seller GF2 gets very attractive.
There are also other price drops on Panasonic products.The Gh2+14-140mm has a $300 rebate at BHphoto (Click here).
Maybe this is the result of the pressure they get from Sony and Nikon. The Sony NEX-5n is a real hot-seller and Nikon is doing better than I would have expected (Source: Amazon Ranking). Time to lower the price of the new GX1 too Panasonic
The new Panasonic 14-42mm X pancake zoom has been reviewed at ePhotozine (Click here): “If you value compactness above all but must have a zoom standard lens or you want ultra-smooth zooming movies from your CSC, you have (literally) no other choice than this one and I would therefore have to recommend it“. ePhotozine also said the optical performance is not better than the standard 14-42mm lens. But considering the increidble tiny size of the X lens this is sounds like a very good news.
Also the korean website Popco (Click here) tested the same lens. But there is no google english translation available. You can still look at their charts and image samples.