It has been a busy week. it’s time to make a rumors summary before we start to post new rumors.
1) Olympus will have a press release on February 2nd. And they will probably unveil new compact cameras. We know that Olympus will also at least release two new FourThirds cameras during the next weeks but we don’t know if they will announce them on the same press release. The the-storm/" target="_blank">E-620 successor and the E-3 (and E-30?) successor. The E-620 should use a new generation Panasonic sensor and be announced in February. The E-3 successor should also use “some kind of new sensor”. Available in March and maybe announcement at PMA (late February).
The crazy rumor we received says the E-5 (or whatever the name will be) will have a new type of mount!
2) Panasonic will launch a new Lumix camera on January 31?. Very likely a MicroFourThirds camera (G1 successor?). Also the new Panasonic ZS-7 and TS2 cameras should be unveiled. We also heard that the LX3 successor could be unveiled but I really hope our sources didn’t make the mistake to believe the ZS-7 is the LX3 successor. We will know it soon…
3) Olympus will announce a new MicroFourThirds camera in May-June
4) Panasonic and Olympus will both soon launch the new MicroFourThirds lenses.
– Olympus 9-18/4.0-5.6 (February-March 2010)
– Olympus 14-150/4.0-5.6 (May-June 2010)
– Olympus 40-150 lens (February-March 2010)
– Panasonic Lumix G Vario f/4.0-5.6 100-300 mm (February-March 2010?)
– Panasonic Lumix 14mm pancake lens (February-March 2010?)
– Panasonic Lumix G 8mm Fish-Eye APSH f/3.5
5) Samyang will release two new FourThirds lenses in March. The 85mm f/1.4 and 8mm f/3.5 fisheye!
6) And here the new BIG question: What’s going on with Fuji? Are they going to announce their MFT camera soon?
Olympus E420 and E520 review by What Digital Camera magazine
E-P2 EVF and Voigtlander 50mm f1.1 (dpreview forum)
Adriano Lolli made a new MicroFourThirds-ARRIFLEX adapter!
The best place to buy !
Support our website! When you click on those links it doesn’t matter what you buy (book, CD’s or electronic items) we get a small commission for it and you don’t pay any penny more! Thanks
US shops: Amazon US / BHphoto / Adorama / J&R / Calumet Photographic for digital cameras /
I remember you that Pixmania has launched a Monster Sales action. You can find a lot of stuff with a good price! Click the link to check the deals (it opens a new window):